Public water utility potable water - Case study
- Public Water Utility Potable Water Treatment Facility
- Hydrated Lime Slurry From Water Softening Clarifiers
- Incoming Slurry 15 – 25% Solids
- Land Application Prohibited By State Law
- pH Range Of 9.0 – 11.0 (Highly Caustic)
- High Liquid Transport, Solidification & Disposal Costs
- Needed Immediate Solution Due To Backlog of Material
- Bright Lab Tested the Customers Slurry and Issued a Report Showing 60-70% Cake Solids are Possible with our Belt Filter Press
- Bright Pilot Tested at the Customers Site to Confirm Lab Results and Establish “Real World” Parameters for System Design and Sizing.
- Bright Worked with the Owners Engineers to Develop a System Design
- Recommended and Provided a 1.7 Meter Skid Mounted Belt Press & Controls
- Bright Trained the Owner’s Operators and Offered Valuable Process and Operational Recommendations for the Complete Dewatering Process.
- Only one month required from setup to completion
- The Sludge was typically Dewatered at over 300 Gallons Per Minute
- Cake Solids ranged from 18 – 30%
- Most Residents Were Not Even Aware of the Dewatering Operations
- Established a Production Rate of 5.0 Tons D.W.S. Per Hour @ 60% Cake Solids
- Can Fill Customers Roll Off Box in 2.5 Hours!
- Tested Material, Manufactured and Delivered a Cost Effective, Efficient Solution in Less Than 90 Days from Lab Testing to Operational System
- Developed Alternative Disposal of Cake as A Construction Aggregate Additive Which Reduced High Transportation & Landfill Disposal Costs
- Bright Technologies Equipment & Support Exceeded Expectations