An industrial waste water treatment company required a cost effective solution to pumping polyelectrolyte.
The plant engineers approached Verderflex distributor, Global Pumps Australia, for a solution to the following problems:
- Existing helical rotor pumps were expensive to run and maintain
- The replacement pump would have to be able to transfer liquid polymer which is a thick, viscous liquid mixed with a 30% kerosene (hydrocarbon) carrier.
- The pump had to be compatible with the client’s existing system
- The hose would have to last a minimum of 3 months.
Global Pumps analysed the customer's current systems and the Verderflex Peristaltic Dura Hose Pump was selected for the following reasons:
- Peristaltic pumps have a low shear operation ideal for shear sensitive products like polymers
- Has the ability to handle viscous liquids
- Has a good metering/dosing capability with ±5% accuracy
- Is easy to service with only one wearing part, the hose, when compared to a helical rotor which has a stator, rotor, mechanical seal and more
- The Dura provided longer hose life than conventional hose pumps
Verderflex’s Dura Hose Pump has now been installed for more than 1 year. The customer has reduced their process downtime, improved their operational efficiency and reduced the overall maintenance cost after moving to peristaltic pumping technology.