Place: ASKET, Biomass Division in Gniewkowie
Tested material: reed collected in Winter from the swamp terrains in Gniewkowo
Technology: briquetting set BIOMASSER® DUO-SET:
- shredder TOMASSER® type RK 7,5 kW, screen 18 mm, blades RB
- briquetting press BIOMASSER® DUO type BS210
- reed manual loading into shredder chamber
- chopped reed moisture content 12%
- shredder was working with stops during briquetting process because its capacity was higher than BIOMASSER® DUO. It means that the shredder can produce chopped reed for more than one BIOMASSER® DUO
- TOMASSER® RK shredder average output 210 kg/h.
- Briquetting press BIOMASSER® DUO average output was 160 kg/h.
- The briquette move was even, regular and the briquette itself was very well formed.
- We gained very good quality briquettes!
- Energy consumption by BIOMASSER® DUO-SET, so for shredding and briquetting was 13,25 kWh per 1 hour of work.
- It gives 82 kWh per 1 tonne of briquettes.
Briquette Weight Comparison
- The measurement was made by weighting 1 meter of briquette having 70 mm diameter.
- 1 meter of reed briquette weights 2,80 kg
- 1 meter of rye straw briquette weights 2,90 kg
- 1 meter of maize straw briquette weights 4,00 kg
- Reed straw briquette weight is similar to weight of rye straw briquette.
Reed shredding and briquetting on BIOMASSER® DUO-SET was positive.
Results for reed:
- TOMASSER® RK shredder average output 210 kg/h chopped reed
- BIOMASSER® DUO type BS210 average output 210 kg/h 160 kg/h briquettes
- average energy consumption was 82 kWh per 1 tonne of briquettes
- 1 meter of reed briquette weights 2,80 kg.