Regulatory Compliance Engineer – Hoofddorp
Our core business is to design, engineer, contruct, install, lease and operate Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) systems, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) systems and the turnkey supply of Single Point Mooring (SPM) systems. Ever since its cooperation in 1978, Bluewater has been a technological frontrunner in its industry. We have designed, manufactured, supplied and installed many innovative FPSO, FSO and SPM systems for oil companies worldwide through time charter and turnkey supply contracts. Do you dare to make impact and would like to join our company?
For our HSEQ&RC Department in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands, we are looking for a Regulatory Compliance Engineer with proven knowledge of Flag State and classification rules in the oil and gas industry. Our HSEQ&RC Department is responsible for ensuring that all business processes are recorded, understood, followed and improved. The Department identifies and interprets Flag State and Class requirements and ensures that risks for our company are identified and managed.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting regulatory compliance activities including interfacing between different departments, classification sociesties and other (inter)national regulatory bodies such as Flag States. You will identify and define regulatory compliance issues during support to projects or operations and advise on possible solutions. Also you will implement and manage the regulatory compliance process ensuring proper submission of engineering plans and documents required by regulatory agencies.
Besides ensuring that the applicable cerfitication is issued by the respective authorities, you will monitor the status of regulatory compliance activities of operations or projects. Furthermore you may take part in internal audits and surveys and act as liaison during audits and surveys by external parties (ISM/ISPS audits, class and statutory surveys). You will be working from our office in Hoofddorp.
- you have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Marine Engineering) with up to 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- proven knowledge of Flag State and classification rules and international maritime and offshore conventions (SOLAS, MARPOL)
- fluent in English, both written and verbal
- able and willing to travel abroad including to offshore installations
- you know your own strenghts and limits, you solve bottlenecks and change your approach if things are not working and you never stop learning
What we offer:
- a fulltime/40 hours per week position within an international environment
- besides a competitive salary, you will receive a 13th month, holiday allowance and a travel allowance
- 29 days of paid holiday annually and the opportunity to purchase 10 additional holidays annually
- the opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme
- a good pension scheme of which we pay the complete pension contribution
- onboarding program; we warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible
- different activities which are very divers and always voluntary, for example playing sports, CPC run, friday drinks, quiz night, Sail day and our annual Christmas party
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the ‘apply’ button below. This will lead you further through the application process. Within 2 weeks we inform you on the status of your application.
Please note that this is a permanent staff position. Interim candidates should not apply. We can only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated and will not be responded to.