In 2007 econ delivered an indirectly heated thermal desorption plant to a client in Kuwait. The plant is de-signed to treat various types of waste with hydrocarbon contaminant content. In particular refinery waste, oil lagoons and down hole drilling waste. The aim is to recover the waste hydrocarbons from the soil/sand and remediate the lagoons of their contaminants.
Due to the natural evaporation of volatile components at air temperatures in excess of 50 °C, the waste primarily con-sists of high boilingpoint hydrocarbons. This means product temperatures up to 350°C had to be realised. Therefore heating unit using thermal oil of 400 °C was incorporated into the plant. To comply with the ATEX regulation for mate-rial with the temperature class T3, all equipment was specially designed for that purpose. The complete plant was certi-fied by the German regulatory body TÜV.
To easily move the plant from one lagoon to the next, the complete unit is in skid-mounted design for a semi-mobile character. After each remediation job the plant can be moved to the next site within a few weeks and start the next job without the erection of a building or supply facilities. In addition the capacity of the plant can also be easily expanded via a feeding system for sludge by installing an additional solid pump unit.
- Vacuum Dryer type: HTC-VT 12000
- Throughput capacity: 2.0 ... 5.0 tons / hour
- Batch size: 7000 litres
- Heating system: 1800 kW / 400 °C thermal oil unit - heated by diesel
- Operating pressure: 50-800 mbar(abs)
- Semi-mobile execution for fast and easy relocation of the complete unit
- Redundant designed vacuum system with integrated flushing unit
- Fulfils ATEX requirements for Zone 2 operation, certified by the German regulatory body TÜV
- Automatic separation of water and oil condensate for further recycling of the valuable oil fractions
- Internal oil / water separation and waste water treatment
- Direct service access to the PLC in case of system adjustments or varying conditions of the input material