Aquatech International Corporation

Reuse of Effluent to Slove Problem of Water Scarcity

- By:

Courtesy of Courtesy of Aquatech International Corporation

Industrial wastewater treatment covers the mechanism and processes used to treat waters that have been contaminated prior to its release into the environment or its re-use.

It is estimated that 70 percent of the world's surface is covered by water. Where 97.5 percent of the total is salt water, - out of remaining 2.5 percent fresh water and 68.7 percent is frozen in ice caps and glaciers. So only one percent of the total water resources on earth is available for human use. Out of available worldwide fresh water. 22 percent is used for industrial purpose.

Major Industrial usH power plants, metal oil refineries which use wl in chemical processesajuT manufactur ingplarrfs which use water .as a solvent. The annual water volume used by global industry is estimated to rise from 752 1cm3 /year in 1995 to an estimated 1170 km3/year in 2025. About 90 percent of sewage and  70  percent  industrial waters in developing countries are discharged into water courses without treatment, often polluting the usable water supply. The above fact leads to the conclusion. The world is on the verge of a new serious era of water scarcity than ever before.

The water resources are under increasing pressure. In the 20th century the world population grew 3X, whereas the water consumption grew 6X. By mid century there will be an additional three billion people, most will be born in regions already experiencing a severe water shortage. It is said that one will run out of water before running out of oil. The ground water sources have depeleted and emptied aquifers in the quest for growth. Some areas of the world can sustain on their own water resources for not more than 10-15 years or even less. It's time to give water a second though.

Customer comments

No comments were found for Reuse of Effluent to Slove Problem of Water Scarcity. Be the first to comment!