The Rio +20, which took place on 20-22 June, indicated once more the need for Sustainable Development, following the same decision made twenty years ago by the Earth Summit. “The Future we want” was characterized as a modest agreement, with no breakthrough points, since no specific action plan for the future has been developed. However one cannot ignore the decision made to set up a high level political forum on sustainable development, to replace the existing Commission on Sustainable Development. What better proof that Sustainable Development is a growing need to be addressed immediately?
However if we want to move towards the implementation of sustainable development, various questions need to be answered.
- What sustainable development and sustainability really mean?
- What issues do they entail?
- How can organizations prioritize and address these issues?
- How are outcomes measured?
- What are the benefits for organizations and society?