River water monitoring. Measurement of chromium III and VI - Case Study
Riachuelo in Buenos Aires is one of the most contaminated rivers. Argentina Government started an initiative cleaning this river. The first step was to size the problem and measure the most dangerous inorganic matter. Continuous measurements of Chromium should help to understand and size the problem of pollution.
- Measurement of CrIII and CrVI in one measurement step.
- Low measurement range starting at 1ppb.
- Handle turbidity and particles without filtration(6)
- Unknown and changing sample matrix.
(6) Filtration lowers the operational reliability dramatically and will also influence the measurement results. All sample treatment steps must be done on a greater level to avoid inhomogeneous sample composition and inconsistent measurement results.