A 35-ton cooling tower at a major college had compressors operating at more than 260psi just to maintain a 70°F water temperature due to heavy water scale. RYDLYME was put into the system to dissolve the scaling.
- 55 gallons circulated for 4 hours via inline pumps and then flushed with water.
- Cleaning was done while system was in operation!
- Compressors are only operating at 165psi to maintain the 70°F water temperature!
- RYDLYME is now part of the cooling tower's annual maintenance schedule.
- Maintenance personnel found additional uses for RYDLYME, including cleaning: steam lines at the cafeteria, humidifier at the fieldhouse and plate and frame heat exchanger.