The Sarlux Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) plant is the second largest in Europe and converts heavy oils (tar) into electricity, which is then fed into the Italian State Grid. A reliable and stable source of high purity, de-aerated water was needed to operate the largest Mechanical Vapor Compression (MVC) plant efficiently.
IDE’s MVC solution has a remarkable record for simple and economical operation at low electrical consumption and is ideal where a stable and reliable source of pure water is critical for success.
- Capacity: 17,280 m3/day
- Technology: Mechanical Vapor Compression (MVC)
- Project Type: Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC)
- Location: Sardinia, Italy
- Footprint: 35m x 70m
- Commission Date: 1999
Track record - continuous successful operation for over 15 years
- Optimized design results in highly cost-effective, reliable operation with low energy consumption
- Option for use of steam power to supplement electricity further reduces operating costs