Background - The business of sewage level monitoring in sewers is accelerating across many countries. Strict regulations, the need to avoid environmental disasters, violation fines, early warnings and planning needs are just some of the forces shaping this growing trend.
Quantifying sewage flow and level is one of the most challenging engineering tasks for the instrumentation industry:
- Measured fluid is extremely hostile. Fluid is turbulent, uneven, filled with solids of various types, exhibits foam, varying temperatures and chemically aggressive.
- Sewers are isolated and crowded. No power. No data cables. Narrow manhole.
GaugerGSM is a remote level monitoring platform. With dedicated firmware and accessories, the platform becomes a powerful customized solution. Sewer monitoring highlights:
- Level measurement based on ultrasonic technology. No contact is made with the fluid. No moving parts. Structure is robust and long lasting. Sensor is made of chemically resistant PVDF. System is hermetically enclosed and rated IP68.
- Battery based operation. An external 4-cell pack can operate for 2 years before replacement. Operation is based on a programmable switch accessory for ultra low power mode.
- Cellular based communications. A GSM modem is embedded within the sensor to create an extremely compact solution. The internal GSM antenna is not exposed and allows communication from within deep sewers. This communication infrastructure is always present and available.
Solid Applied Technologies is a leading manufacturer of ultrasonic level meters and remote monitoring solutions for 10 years. The company sells three pproduct lines:
GaugerGSM - level meter integrated with cellualr communications for remote and wireless monitoring applications.
SmartScan - High performance level meters for a wide range of tank applications.
MonoScan - MonoBlock cost effectve level meters.
YOU CAN MEASURE the SOLID BENEFITS...