The origin of the sludge to be suspended was different filter-presses. Existing agglomerates inside this sludge had to be broken down, fine enough to pass through diffusers with openings less than 5 mm. Some additives had to be added to stabilise the suspension and prevent sedimentation inside a buffer vessel. It was necessary to adjust the viscosity, so that changes in the input consistency of the residues did not affect the use of the product.
econ solved this challenge using a customised 1000 litre continuously working mixer. The design on the inlet and di-scharge side as well as the equipment for the adjustment of the filling level inside the mixer was modified. Special mi-xing elements were used to optimise the back-mixing effect during the process. Choppers were installed to disperse the agglomerates. On the input side different dosing devices have been delivered and connected to the unit, such as screw conveyors for dry additives and sludge. Finally the pumping and piping was provided by econ, including an intermediate storage vessel and a spraying nozzle for the final use of the suspension.
- Mixer type: HTK 1000
- Feeding rate sludge: More than 5 m3/h
- Retention time mixing: Less than 6 minutes
- Grain size output: Max. 5 mm
- Feeding rate to spraying: 2 m3/min
- Equipment erected in an existing , extremely narrow building; assembly possible only through the roof
- Already existing conveying equipment had to be integrated into the unit for economic reasons
- Highest process flexibility to also use other sludge residues, but with the same result
- Short manufacturing and delivery time of only 6 months from contract signature to realisation
- Robust execution to also deal with foreign parts, coming from container handling of the incoming sludge
- Individual specification of steel plant operator applicable with regard to electrical parts, surface protection, etc.