· Former Manufacturing Facility; Northern Wisconsin.
Contaminants of Concern
· TCE soil levels as high as 140,000 ug/kg.
· Site geology consists of mostly clay from 0-15 feet bgs underlain by a mostly sand unit from 15-30 feet bgs.
· Depth to water is approximately 25-30 feet bgs.
ISCO Soil Mixing Program
· Sodium Hydroxide Activated Sodium Persulfate (ALK-ASP).
· ALK-ASP concentration of ~15% utilized.
· ~13,500 sq. ft area from 0-15 ft bgs within the upper clay unit and ~11,700 sq. ft area from 15-30 ft bgs within the lower sand unit.
· Treatment areas broken down into 10 x 10 ft cells based on pre-treatment TCE values.
· Treatment approach included initial excavation and stockpiling of upper clay unit; treatment of the lower sand unit; re-placement of the stockpiled upper clay unit into specific groups based on pre-treatment TCE concentration followed by treatment of the lower sand unit.
· Approximately 194,973 gallons of ALK-ASP were mixed into both soil units utilizing the Lang Tool dual axis blender over 31 days.
· Reagent included 270,600 lbs. sodium persulfate activated by approximately 54,300 gallons of 50% sodium hydroxide.
· Confirmatory sampling conducted throughout the soil mixing program to gauge project effectiveness and allow for any field changes if necessary.