Client: Fortune 500 US Global Company
Services: Environmental, health and safety (EHS) auditing for compliance to laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices; EHS Management Systems
Additional Specialty Focus Areas: Process Safety; Radiation Safety; Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH); Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA); Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA); Leak Detection and Repair Program (LDAR)
Countries Involved: USA & Puerto Rico, Canada, United Kingdom, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, Venezuela, Egypt, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, China, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Singapore and Japan.
Value to Client:
- The Client executed consistent high quality audits by involving experienced professional in-country convergence auditors across its worldwide operations. convergence provided country auditors with a special technical expertise to augment the Client’s internal audit team, enabling a rigorous review of operations the Client deemed a risk or potential liability.
- The Client was able to reduce the size of audit teams by about one-third, reducing costs and the logistical burden on the auditees.
- The convergence resources helped the Client consider audit findings from a more systematic perspective, focusing recommendations and subsequent activities on company-wide improvements.
- convergence country auditors reduced communication gaps with the auditee with their bilingual skills, and ensured the audit team understood and appreciated regional and country practices or culture.
- With the growth and maturation of the Client’s engagement with convergence, there is now a global network of EHS professionals that understand the Client’s culture, systems and audit program. convergence resources can work as a seamless part of the Client’s EHS audit teams without the Client’s expense or burden of adding additional in-house resources.