Place: ASKET, Biomass Division in Gniewkowie
Tested material: grass from Tanzania, rice husks, grass moisture content 12% 14%
Technology: briquetting set BIOMASSER® SOLO-SET:
- shredder RK 7,5 kW, screen 15 mm, standard blades
- briquetting press BIOMASSER® SOLO type BS06
- Tanzanian grass manual loading into shredder chamber
- Chopped material moisture content 12% 14%
- High dusting, having characteristic (exotic) smell, occurred while chopping the grass (hay). Dusting was reduced by closing the air inlet.
- Textile cover mounted on BIOMASSER® briquetting press container requires often cleaning
- by shaking it off (beating) in order to remove the particles that block the textile holes.
- Positive result of briquetting Tanzanian grass is BIOMASSER® technology.
- Moreover we received good briquettes from Tanzanian grass mixed with rice husks.
- We suggest to add rice husks in amount 20 dm3 per one hour of continuous briquetting.
- The good experience of adding rice husks make us think they can be also added to other grass type
- materials and straw with the same good result.
- Problem of dusting that occurred while chopping was solved by closing the air inlet.
Results for Tanzanian grass:
- good quality briquettes from Tanzanian grass with and without rice husks
- 1 meter of Tanzanian grass briquette weights 2,60 kg
- Tanzanian grass is 10% lighter than rye straw cereal straw.