It is a sad and scary truth, but many homes have arsenic in their water systems. High levels of arsenic can be dangerous to you, your family, your pets, and the property you inhabit. Do not panic, though. Simply research an arsenic filtration system. There are many advanced methods that can be used to remove arsenic from water. Arsenic in water removal is completely affordable and safe.
Below are the top 5 benefits of investing in devices or systems that can filter arsenic out of your water supply.
Notes about Arsenic
First, there are a few things that you should know about arsenic in your water. Arsenic is a natural element, one that exists in rock, soil, and dirt. Arsenic exists in tiny trace amounts in certain foods people eat, including rice and apples. This is because of the water and soil that the produce grows out of. Arsenic removal from water can seem tricky because when water encounters soil and rock in ground sources, arsenic may be carried along with the water. Worse, some municipal filtration systems may not be able to remove arsenic from water that has ever existed in a ground water supply and would therefore contain these unhealthy traces of arsenic.
Benefits of Filtering Arsenic
- Arsenic removal systems can clean out an element that is untraceable without technological help. Dangerous levels of arsenic have no flavor, odor, texture, or color. How else would you know that arsenic existed in your water supply if you did not make efforts to filter it? Professionals can detect arsenic levels and determine if they are unsafe.
- Arsenic is a deadly element if humans are exposed to it in large amounts. Ingesting arsenic can lead to cancer, diabetes, circulatory disorders, immunosuppresion, and more. If you remove arsenic from your water supply, you make your water healthier to drink, bathe, cook, and clean with.
- Professional methods are needed to remove arsenic. Home filter pitchers, simple faucet attachments, and boiling water will not remove arsenic from your water supply. Total arsenic removal from drinking water requires a professional method, like a point-of-use system. In fact, the reason that so many homes have arsenic in their water supply is that most people have not contacted water treatment professionals for arsenic level testing.
- Point-of-use filtration systems like reverse osmosis will remove several impurities from the water, including arsenic. While there are store-bought filters that remove some dangerous elements from your water supply, professionally installed systems will remove much more. Best of all, they are effective on water from different sources, including wells and public plumbing.
- Reverse osmosis is completely effective because it involves directing water through a membrane that will catch impurities in the water supply, including arsenic. These systems can be applied directly to a water source, including faucets, showerheads, and more. There are also whole-house systems you can have installed. Arsenic removal systems can be attached directly to your plumbing.
So if you are ready to consider the benefits of arsenic in water removal, get in contact with local professionals. They can assist you with all concerns related to your water supply and restore your water to its cleanest, healthiest, and purest form.