The Features Of Micro switches And Their Uses In Manufacturing
Micro switches have a wide range of applications in today’s day to day used electronic gadgets. They also have use in industrial areas. Micro switch has its use in many areas, according to the type used. It is commonly used in door interlocks of electrical appliances like microwave ovens, vending machines and also used as safety switches in elevators.
A micro- switch, commonly also known as miniature snap-action switch, can be defined as a small electrical switch that can be operated by applying very less amount of physical force, through a mechanism called tipping-point, which is also called over center mechanism.
- There are various types of micro switches available such as micro toggle switch, micro-limit switch, omron micro-switch, micro-switch with push button, basic micro switch, water-proof micro-switch, dustproof micro-switch and many more.
- Micro-switch works by closing or opening the circuit according to force applied (released or pressed) through a plunger.
- It generally includes a contact gap which is really small, has high sensitivity, small travel of operation and quick action.
There are two main areas for using micro-switches:
- Automation, Security and Buildings: Micro-switches are widely used as alarm buttons like fire alarms, stop controls during an emergency, surveillance cameras which ensures proper turning up to its fullest motion point. It is also used in alarms for infrared detection card readers and other security purposes. It has HVAC applications like detecting air pressure change and control panel switches. It can be used for access controls like door locks which can also be specialized with timer controls.
- Home applications- Micro-switches are used in many electrical appliances at home such as refrigerators, air conditions, washing machines, microwaves and rice cooker.
Some points to be kept in mind while buying a micro-switch
There are some points which need to be kept in mind while buying a micro-switch.
- Type of switch: It is important to find what type of micro-switch you need and for what purpose it is needed. The type of micro-switch needed highly depends on its purpose.
- Safety: The switch should be safe to use and should be made of material which is fire reluctant. Check for an ISI mark on the switch which ensures that the product is genuine.
- Longevity: Switches of good quality have relatively longer life than the normal switches. So, it is important to check the quality of switch before purchasing.
Benefits of micro-switch
There are many benefits of using micro-switches. Some of the benefits are:
- Micro-switches are really reliable in use as it works at certain specific positions and that is not found in other switches.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It requires very little physical force to operate.
- It is the best choice in appliances for instant responses.
- It is affordable and inexpensive.
- It has a really long life and sometimes it can even go up to 10 million cycles.
- Its ease of use makes it suitable for a wide range of applications in different industries.
- A certain type of micro-switches are water and dust resistant, which makes them function smoothly even in water and dust.
- It is versatile and requires low maintenance.
So, these were some of the major things needed to be known before buying a micro-switch. You can buy this from China Micro Switches Manufacturers, which provides a wide range of types available for micro-switches. It also has approvals from ENEC, UL, CQC, EK, etc. It has experience of more than twenty five years and assures the quality of its product.
For more information, visit https://www.unionwellfrance.com/