- Driver: April 2007 Supreme Court Decision (Mass. vs. EPA) --ruled that GHGs can be regulated as air pollutants under the CAA
- Provide a GHG inventory and assessment of all stationary and portable (i.e., non-mobile) sources associated with USMC bases in CA and AZ
- Determine which facilities are subject to mandatory reporting under Assembly Bill (AB) 32
- Identify which of ARB’s early action measures (EAMs) will impact USMC operations.
- Identify past and future projects within USMC bases in CA and AZ which produce reductions in GHG emissions to possibly support NEPA documentation.
The First Regional Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Assessment for Eight USMC Bases in California and Arizona
Drivers and Goals of Regional GHG Assessment