Depending on the size (2.2 kW to 22 kW), Hitachi scroll compressors have one to four heads.
Each compressor head consists of an oil free compression chamber with a scroll element, generating compressed air. In the event that one of the compressor heads is taken offline, the machine is able to continue operating with the remaining heads. Thanks to the innovative design, the scroll life is extended.
Hitachi Scroll compressor offers two modes of the operation – standard pressure control (similar to conventional pressure switch) and multi-drive control mode.
Under pressure switch control (P-mode), compressor stops operating when reaching the maximum pressure, and restarts when the pressure drops to the specified Recovery Pressure.
In multi-drive mode, operation of the compressor heads is modulated automatically, matching air supply to the need of compressed air. The delivery pressure is controlled by the quantity of the working heads, meaning that pressurising to the maximum pressure is not necessarily required and energy is saved. As an example, 15 kW unit, running at 50% capacity, will use 36% less energy compared to unload type.
Other nice features of scroll compressors:
- Space saver – can be installed flush on back and right hand sides
- Easy to operate – electronic control
- Extended service intervals and low life cycle cost
- Low noise and vibration – depending on the size, scroll compressor can be compared to people whispering or talking
- Option of 1MPa discharge pressure in selective models
- Oil-free - better air quality, no headache with used oil disposal. Suitable for ISO 14001 factories
For more details or a quote, please contact Hurll Nu-Way on 1300 556 380 or visit us on www.hnw.com.au