MANTECH INC. is a leading manufacturer of automated multi-parameter, titration, BOD and COD laboratory instruments. Both a Private and Government Environmental Laboratory required optimized return on investment for both automated BOD/CBOD and automated multi-parameter systems. They each invested in the MANTECH BOD/Titrate Duo.
- Each laboratory identified automation requirements for both BOD/CBOD and for multi-parameter: pH, conductivity, alkalinity, turbidity and color-all from a single sample cup!
- The methods employed on the systems had to be proven and follow Government Approved Methods.
- The Environmental laboratories must generate high quality results that can be trusted.
- The current samples per day for each system was not significant, however, future increases in sample numbers was to be expected and should be planned for.
- Manual stations for pH, conductivity, alkalinity, turbidity, color and BOD required significant bench space and operator time.
- Manual sample handling and data entry from different stations was time consuming and prone to errors.
- There were automated systems of each type in the market, BOD/CBOD and multi-parameter, but capital cost for each was significant.
- Most systems, typically autotitrators, in the market did not offer multi-parameter analysis from a single sample with single source for all components and audit trail.
- Traditional automated titration systems investigated were slow in terms of throughput and also suffered from small capacity samplers.
- Many systems did not achieve the laboratories current accuracy and precision requirements.
- Traditional automated titration and automated BOD systems proved to have ROI greater than 2 years.
- MANTECH’s BOD/Titrate Duo System: BOD by Day, Multi-Parameter by Night.
- All analytical methods conform to Standard Methods APHA.
- Prepare and analyze samples for BOD/CBOD initials or finals. Once completed, simply switch racks and probe holder and analyze multiparameters: pH, conductivity, alkalinity, turbidity and color – all from a single sample cup!
- Ability to select parameters required per sample, optimizing the per sample analysis time.
- Capability to use membrane or the new luminescence BOD probes.
- MANTECH’s IntelliRinse ensures all probes and system are cleaned prior to analyzing the next sample. Produces audit trail with proof.
- Training and technical knowledge is optimized: Two different systems, common software and parts! Cost effective training and inventory for the laboratories.
- Ability to analyze Priority samples as required.
- Utilizes inexpensive 50ml centrifuge tubes for multi-parameter analysis.
- The multi-parameter utilizes the US EPA ETV verified TitraSip SA.
- Proven to generate results with that are accurate, precise and with the lowest MDL.
- Plenty of room for growth with the current AutoMax sampler capacity. It is also very easy to separate into two separate systems with
- significant growth in samples.
- Return of investment equal to 6 months or better!
The MANTECH BOD/Titrate Duo with AutoMax73 Sampler. BOD/Titrate Duo is also available with AutoMax122 Sampler.