“The benefits of this type of sweeping project are far-reaching and long-lasting, and Borrego is proud to take part in this monumental effort by installing a solar energy system that will ensure the consistent production of renewable energy for years to come.” Aaron Hall, CEO of Borrego Solar Systems, Inc.
Unique Feature: The Solar Trees™ serve as a solar parking structure or carport.
Date Completed: September 2008
Designer/Installer: Borrego Solar Systems Envision Solar
- System Size: 1,186.95 kW
- Estimated Yearly Power Production: 1.8 million kWh/year
- System Configuration
- Utility Interaction: Grid Connected
- Solar Modules: 5,790 Kyocera
- Inverters: 7 SMA 5kV inverters;15 SMA 7kV inverters; 6 Xantrex GT100480 100kW 480 volt 3 phase inverters; 1 Xantrex GT250480 250kW 480 volt 3 phase inverter
- Batteries: None
- Charge Controllers: None
- Mount Structure: UNIRAC Solar Trees™ by Envision Solar