Outline: I will cover…
- Introduction/Background on GHGs
- Mandatory Reporting Rule (MRR) -What Food Processors Need to know
- Applicability: Am I subject?
- Timeline: By when?
- Requirements: What if I am subject? Priorities…
- Endangerment Finding, Cascading Implications
- Light Duty Vehicle Rule vs Food Processing?
- Tailoring Rule vs Food Processing?
- Strategies for Compliance
Significance of the Final Rule
- Represents firstmajor EPA regulatory action affecting GHG reporting for industrial sectors and will form basis for developing GHG policy
- Encompasses a large number of sectors and industries (up to 10,000 facilities representing 85% of GHG emissions in U.S.)
- Reporting is the first step toward regulation
- Companies will have data collection requirements beginning on January 1, 2010 and reporting required by March 31, 2011
- For the first quarter of 2010, reporters can use best available monitoring methods for any parameter for which it is not feasible to obtain, install and operate a required piece of monitoring equipment by January 1, 2010
- Reporters can also request extensions for use of best available monitoring methods
- Must prepare extension request by January 28, 2010