ALABAMA Department of Environmental Management (ADEM)
The ADEM administers all major federal environmental laws, including the Clean Air, Clean Water and Safe Drinking Water acts and federal solid and hazardous waste laws.
The ADEM’s mission is to responsibly adopt and fairly enforce rules and regulations consistent with the statutory authority granted to the Alabama Environmental Management Commission (AEMC) and the ADEM to protect and improve the quality of Alabama’s environment and the health of all its citizens. It monitors environmental conditions in Alabama and recommends changes in State law or revises regulations as needed to respond appropriately to changing environmental conditions.
Regulations Divisions include:
- Division 1: General Administration
- Division 2: Environmental Management Commission
- Division 3: Air Pollution Control Program
- Division 4: Scrap Tire Program
- Division 5: Uniform Environmental Covenants Program
- Division 6: Water Quality Program
- Division 7: Water Supply Program
- Division 8: Coastal Program
- Division 9: Well Driller Licensing Program
- Division 10: Water Division Operator Certification Program
- Division 13: Solid Waste Program
- Division 14: Hazardous Waste Program
- Division 15: Brownfield Redevelopment and Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Division 16: Drycleaning Trust Fund Program
For more information, visit www.adem.state.al.us.
ALASKA Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
The DEC conserves, improves and protects its natural resources and environment and controls water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being. Primary services include:
- Providing policy direction for the department, and relentless coordination of investment and service delivery
- Ensuring that public concerns are fully considered in department decisions and actions
- Establishing department objectives and assures performance
- Serving as spokesperson for the Governor on environmental matters
- Issuing decisions on administrative appeal requests
- Adopting all department regulations
Divisions include: Office of the Commissioner, Air Quality, Environmental Health, Information and Administrative Services, Spill Prevention and Response and Water.
For more information, visit www.dec.state.ak.us.
ARIZONA Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
The ADEQ’s mission is to protect and enhance public health, welfare and the environment in Arizona. It administers a variety of programs to improve the health and welfare of citizens and ensure the quality of Arizona’s air, land and water resources meets healthful, regulatory standards.
The mission of the Waste Programs Division is to protect and enhance public health and the environment by reducing the risk associated with waste management, contaminated sites and regulated substances. Core responsibilities include: