Why is it necessary to set up a homogeneous conditioning tank?
For the comprehensive sewage treatment plant, since there is more than one type of sewage discharged, and their water quality and quantity are constantly changing, it is very necessary to set up a homogenization regulating tank.
The role of the homogeneous conditioning tank:
Overcome the unevenness of sewage discharge, balance the changes of sewage water quality, water volume, and water temperature, store surplus and supplement shortage.
Make the water inflow of the biological treatment facility uniform, thereby reducing the impact of sewage inconsistency on the subsequent secondary biological treatment facility.
In addition, acidic wastewater and alkaline wastewater can also be mutually neutralized in the conditioning tank.
The purpose of setting up a homogenizing tank:
1) When the intermittent production plant stops production, it can still continue to input wastewater to the biological treatment system, and maintain the continuous and stable operation of the biological treatment system.
2) Improve the buffering capacity of the organic load to prevent drastic changes in the organic load of the biological treatment system
3) Homogenize the incoming water to prevent high-concentration toxic substances from entering the biological treatment system.
4) Control the large fluctuation of the closed value and reduce the consumption of acid or alkali during the neutralization process.
5) Avoid flow fluctuations entering the primary treatment device, so that the automatic operation of the process of drug addition can be carried out smoothly.
6) Plants without biological treatment plants are equipped with homogenizing pools to control the discharge of wastewater to the municipal system.
The basic requirements for setting up a homogeneous conditioning tank:
1) In order to make the effluent quality of the homogenization adjustment tank uniform and avoid the precipitation of pollutants in it, a stirring and mixing device should be installed in the homogenization adjustment tank.
2) The residence time is determined according to the composition, concentration, water volume and changes of the sewage water. Generally, it is 10-24 hours based on the water volume, and can be extended to 5 days under special circumstances.
3) The homogenization regulating tank for the purpose of homogenizing water quality is generally connected in series in the main sewage treatment process, and the water volume regulating tank can be connected in series in the main process or in parallel in the auxiliary process.
4) The depth of the homogeneous adjustment pool should not be too shallow, and the effective water depth is generally 2~5m.
5) If there are foaming substances in the wastewater, defoaming facilities should be installed; if the wastewater contains volatile gases or organic substances, it should be covered and airtight, and an exhaust system should be installed to periodically or continuously discharge harmful gases (more produced during stirring) volatilized at high altitude.