- Authors / Editors:
- Cao Ye Shi
- Price: £ 109.00 / US$ 196.20 / € 147.15
IWA members price: £ 81.75 / US$ 147.15 / € 110.36
- Print ISSN:
- Mar. 2011
The focus points are:
- EBPR performance of laboratory-scale and full-scale activated sludge processes under the site conditions in warm climates;
- The carbon competition and distribution between PAO and GAO (and denitrifiers) in the process;
- The stoichiometry and kinetics of P-release, COD uptake in the anaerobic environment and P-uptake in the aerobic environment under different temperatures and operating conditions;
- PAO and GAO population fractions, shift and dominance studies using FISH and batch tests;
- The inter-relationships between the system performance, process design and the microbial community;
- EBPR for industrial wastewater (high ratio of feed COD/P) treatment under warm climates.
Together with the preceding book – Biological Nitrogen Removal Activated Sludge Process in Warm Climates – published by IWA in 2008, this book fills the gap of biological nutrient (nitrogen and phosphorus) removal in warm climates and provides unique experiences and knowledge for Process and design researchers and engineers in wastewater research, students and academic staff in Civil/Sanitation/Environment Departments, as well as Managers, Engineers and Consultants in water companies and water utilities.
General Introduction; Wastewater treatment in Warm Climates, Biological Nitrogen Removal in warm Climates, Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal (EBPR) in Warm Climates, Energy and municipal wastewater treatment plants, Focuses of the book, Approaches: between up- and down- streams, Structure of the book; Introduction: Biological Phosphorus removal of municipal wastewater treatment in warm climates; Biological nitrogen removal in warm climates, EBPR in warm climates: PAO and GAO, An unknown question: Whether EBPR works in warm climates under practical conditions? Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal in a Full-scale A/O process ; Materials and Methods, Results and discussions; Enhanced biological phosphorus removal during the retrofitting from an anoxic to an anaerobic selector in a full-scale activated sludge process at 30oC; Materials and Methods, Results and Discussions; Enhanced biological phosphorus removal of the municipal sewage treatment using laboratory MUCT process at 30oC, 20oC and 15oC; Materials and methods, Results , Discussions; Pilot investigation of the EBPR of industrial wastewater treatment with an integrated UASB, activated sludge-membrane process at 30oC; Materials and Methods, Results and Discussions; Summary and Outlook