Air to Water Harvest (A2WH) system uses a desiccant to absorb moisture from the air. The higher the humidity the more water our desiccant can absorb per pass which increases production. We use solar heat to drive both the airflow for the absorption process and to provide heat during the regeneration process which extracts the moisture from the desiccant and allows us to capture the water in liquid form. A sophisticated micro controller based sensor system determines when to switch between absorption and regeneration modes. We use different types and amounts of desiccants depending on the local conditions to optimize the performance of the system. A small Photo Voltaic solar panel provides power for the micro controller, sensors, various valves, etc.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Drinking Water
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Our new A2WH version is less expensive and can be more easily produced at a large scale.
- Install as little as one square meter system to produce 32 ounces gallon per day
- Very few moving parts and very low maintenance
- Each 1.2 square meter unit will produce approximately 0.8 gallon per day during the summer
- Thousands of Units can be combined to produce large volumes of water
- The initial order for every country must be large enough to pay for patent filing in that country
- We will license this unit for regional manufacturing.
Most Air to water systems use refrigeration to chill air to the dew point that means that as the dew point drops the more the unit must do more work to sufficiently chill the air. This causes them to use large amounts of electricity. It is fairly common for electric units to consume of 2.2Kwh per gallon produced which gives them a high variable operating costs which can exceed 40 cents per gallon.
We designed A2WH units to operate entirely from solar energy. This is mostly solar heat with a small amount of solar electricity used to operate valves, sensors and the electronic control system. This allows our system to operate much more efficiently which is especially important in areas where electricity is expensive such as islands where electricity is generated using imported fuels.
Most AWG systems are built around a refrigeration system which is very similar to that used in small electric air conditioners. The best units consume 600 to over 3,000 watt hours per gallon of water they produce. The industry average trends show consumption over 2,2000 watt hours per gallon which rise rapidly as humidity drops.
A2WH functions with no external electricity. This saves 3,000 watts per gallon. Our novel design and control system allows it to efficiently extract water in a wide range of conditions including conditions where electric AWG units become inefficient or do not work at all.
NOTE: We recently received a letter from a man who has a 40 acre ranch in a remote part of Arizona. He purchased an electric refrigeration unit. After investing $29,000 in solar panels and batteries his unit still doesn't work when the humidity drops below 48% RH and still does not deliver the rated production.
Our units can reduce carbon emissions by over 5 pounds of carbon per gallon produced as compared to grid powered electric systems. (2.2 pounds carbon per KWh saved * 3000 watts per gallon = 6.4 pounds of carbon per gallon of water). Even a small 6 gallon per day system this adds up to nearly 11,000 pounds reduced carbon emissions per year.
Our system uses solar thermal heat to harvest water from air even when the air has low humidity. Unlike radiant condensation systems this system actually produces during the dry months even when there is no dew and it's production can go up in windy locations which can prevent radiant chilling systems from working at all. Our technology can work in conditions where the dew point is far below the chilling level delivered by radiant chilling panels.
Our most important difference is the compatibility of the core design for scaling efficiently into millions of gallons per day at a reasonable cost. It's other major benefit is compatibility with remote areas where grid power is either unavailable or expensive. In some areas our units can be installed in mountains outside of towns and provide both water pressure and electricity for the town. Rather than exaggerate summer power shortages our system can actually help reduce these shortages.
We can use a wide variety of help.
- Qualified investors who want to help bring a truly world changing technology to market.
- Co-inventors willing to work for stock and or help defer development and testing costs are always appreciated..
- Industry leaders who need water to locate factories in water scare areas.
- Plastic Fab, Welders, Machinist, Electronics designers and many others.
- Land developers who have land in mind which can not be developed due to lack of water. Work with us to prove our system as a water source. Most effective where additional of reliable water can increase the parcel value by more than $100K if only reliable water was available.
- Partner with those looking to develop fallow land for high value water wise agriculture where no water is available or where the water has minerals such as Boron which are unhealthy for the plants.