Active Water Solutions, LLC (AWS) manufactures self-contained systems (not septic tanks) for wastewater treatment as well as reclamation and reuse. The submerged fixed-bed biofilm reactor (SFBBR) technology utilized in AWS treatment plants can also be retrofit into existing conventional activated sludge plants to drastically increase treatment capacity, improve effluent quality and improve/incorporate biological nutrient removal. AWS technology meets the strict `ten-states standards` and is approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
AWS has focused on the development of wastewater treatment systems utilizing specialized fixed-bed media which promote the growth of biofilms beneficial to the wastewater treatment process. Applications for the technology include:
- New Real Estate Developments
- Residential and Commercial Reuse (purple pipe) Applications
- Increasing Existing Treatment Capacity
- Replacement of Failing Systems
- Disaster Relief
- Hauled-Waste Treatment
- Retrofit of Existing Activated Sludge Systems
AWS manufactures portable treatment plants in standard sizes ranging from 5K gpd up to 75K gpd. Other sizes are available on a per-project basis; and, units easily operate in parallel for scalability. M.T. Garrett and Associates, LLC, developed the design criteria and AWS received approval from the TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) on the Transportable Wastewater Treatment Plant in 2013.
AWS units have small foot prints and can be incorporated into architectural design for office buildings, multi-family residential developments, hotels, resorts, etc. Effluent can be reused in applications such as landscape irrigation and cooling tower makeup.
AWS allows for a decentralized approach to wastewater treatment which makes the systems ideal for scalping plant (sewer mining) applications. The completely aerobic process is energy efficient and minimizes nuisance odors. The fixed-bed system also produces a fraction of the sludge of activated sludge plants.
Our mission is to revolutionize the way the world handles wastewater treatment and reuse. We deliver a cost effective technology that is efficient, effective, and applicable in an extremely wide range of environments. From new real estate developments to developing countries, AWS has solutions to ensure our most precious natural resource, water, is consistently available.
- Successful integration of proven SFBBR technology into mobile, self-contained wastewater treatment units.
- Cultivation of an ongoing research and design based partnership with Dr. M Truett Garrett, a nationally recognized expert in the field of water quality and a personal contributor to the guidelines and standards upheld by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- Commitment from a Texas-based private utility company to utilize and showcase a 15,000 gallon / day AWS system.