Advanced Cyclone Systems, S.A. (ACS) is a company exclusively dedicated to the development and commercialization of high efficiency cyclone systems, worldwide. The company works in a very close cooperation with its clients in order to design custom made cyclone systems that really solve their unmet needs.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate - Air Pollution Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- Particulate Matter (PM) Emission Control in boilers, furnaces and dryers;
- Product (powder) Recovery in chemical, food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Hurricane - Numerically optimized cyclones, considering particle agglomeration;
- ReCyclone MH - Optimized cyclones with mechanical recirculation
- ReCyclone EH Optimized cyclones with electrostatic recirculation *1.
*1 Electrostatic recirculation for fine particle capture was the winner of the Portuguese Environmental Press Award in 2008 and nominee for the European Environmental Press Award 2008.
Leading the conception and distribution of cyclone systems on a global level, contributing to a healthier environment and to the growth of client's competitiveness, maintaining high standards of service and quality with qualified and motivated human resources.
Maximizing particle capture with cyclones, freeing the client from the costs and problems of bag filters.
- Ambition and passion to reach high performance unique solutions, breaking with the status quo of the industry, exceeding customer expectations and striving to help ACS being the best cyclone company worldwide
- Openness, Sharing and Trust with all related agents, whether customers or suppliers, to help building strong and lasting value chains, with permanent reciprocal learning.
- Rigor and Organization aiming continuous improvement of organizational development and the level of its quality management system for products and processes that allow aspiring Excellency.
- Initiative and Determination in the systematic innovation of processes and systems as a basis for fast and also sustainable growth of the company.
- Spirit of Leadership and Responsibility of all ACS employees, because the contribution of each is critical to the success of the ACS
ACS was founded in 2008 by Romualdo Salcedo (CTO) - Professor at Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto (FEUP) and by Pedro Araujo (CEO), with a degree in Industrial Engineering from FEUP and a MBA from Universidade Nova de Lisboa under CoHitec a Cotec program, with the financial support of Espirito Santo Ventures.
In 2014, ACS is a company with 15 employees in Portugal but presenting a strong network of agents and representatives worldwide, in five years, ACS fulfilled over 100 successful installations in 26 countries.
The number of projects duplicates each year and 70 are expected for 2014, representing approximately 5M€ in orders.
Distribution is ACS' biggest challenge and its strategy varies according to each market segment.
It is from Porto (Portugal) that ACS exports its technology to the whole of Europe. In projects for other continents, part of the production is transferred to the partner-manufacturer that is closer to the installation premises. ACS celebrates commercial agreements and joint ventures with complementary equipment suppliers, such as boiler and dryer manufacturers, or large engineering companies and contractors.
All the manufacturing stages are closely controlled by ACS. Each material is selected according to each system application, and this follow-up allows not only to optimize the cyclone, but also the construction, assembly and transportation of each unique part, to all around the world.
Distribution is ACS’ biggest challenge and the strategy is different according to each market segment. Besides working directly with customers or through representatives, ACS has been celebrating commercial agreements with complementary equipment suppliers, such as boilers, dryers, or large engineering companies. It is from Porto that ACS exports its technology to whole Europe. In projects for other continents, part of the production is transferred to the partner manufacturer that is closer to the installation premises. Although having the goal of a global presence, ACS entry territories are the Iberian Peninsula, France, Scandinavia, the UK, Central America, Brasil and Indonesia, countries in which ACS developed commercial agreements for its distribution strategy.
These systems can also be used in many other applications involving gas-solid separation, mainly for product recovery in industrial processes. This is particularly relevant in industries that process high-valued products under the form of fine powder (pharmaceutical, food, chemical and milling or drying processes in many other industries). ACS is frequently inquired, from the most remote places, for applications that go from food ingredients to nanoparticles recovery
Product Recovery Applications:
- Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Food Ingredients
- Mineral Processing
- Milling and Drying Processes
In 2009, ACS raised its capital with Armilar Venture Partners SCR. Presently, in 2015, ACS is a company with 16 employees in Portugal, but presenting a strong network of agents and distributors worldwide. After 5 years of operation, ACS fulfilled more than 130 installations in 27 countries over the five continents. ACS secured orders exceeding 4M€ in 2014, the fifth year of operation, and aims growing at a fast pace reaching 30M€ in another 5 years time.