Advanced Cyclone Systems, S. A.
Advanced Cyclone Systems, S.A. (ACS) is a company exclusively dedicated to the development and commercialization of high efficiency cyclone systems, worldwide. The company works in a very close cooperation with its clients in order to design custom made cyclone systems that really solve their unmet needs. Apart from supplying cyclones, ACS has grown to be a turnkey project provider in any part of the world.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air Pollution Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
We are a company dedicated to the development of high efficiency cyclones systems
What we do
We design and distribute cyclone globally, contributing to a healthier environment and to the growth of our customers' competitiveness.
What we aim for
Maximizing particle capture with cyclones, freeing our customers from the costs and drawbacks of bag filters.
How we work
Through innovative simulation models which incorporate the concept of particle agglomeration and numerical optimization of geometries, we create customized cyclones, giving guarantees of high efficiency and performance.
- Particulate Matter (PM) Emission Control in boilers, furnaces and dryers;
- Product (powder) Recovery in chemical, food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Hurricane - Numerically optimized cyclones, considering particle agglomeration;
- ReCyclone MH - Optimized cyclones with mechanical recirculation
- ReCyclone EH Optimized cyclones with electrostatic recirculation *1.
*1 Electrostatic recirculation for fine particle capture was the winner of the Portuguese Environmental Press Award in 2008 and nominee for the European Environmental Press Award 2008.
Leading the conception and distribution of cyclone systems on a global level, contributing to a healthier environment and to the growth of client's competitiveness, maintaining high standards of service and quality with qualified and motivated human resources.
Maximizing particle capture with cyclones, freeing the client from the costs and problems of bag filters.
- Ambition and passion to reach high performance unique solutions, breaking with the status quo of the industry, exceeding customer expectations and striving to help ACS being the best cyclone company worldwide
- Openness, Sharing and Trust with all related agents, whether customers or suppliers, to help building strong and lasting value chains, with permanent reciprocal learning.
- Rigor and Organization aiming continuous improvement of organizational development and the level of its quality management system for products and processes that allow aspiring Excellency.
- Initiative and Determination in the systematic innovation of processes and systems as a basis for fast and also sustainable growth of the company.
- Spirit of Leadership and Responsibility of all ACS employees, because the contribution of each is critical to the success of the ACS
ACS was founded in 2008 by Romualdo Salcedo (CTO) - Professor at Faculdade de Engenharia da Univerdade do Porto (FEUP) and by Pedro Araújo (CEO), Industrial Engineer from FEUP and MBA from the Lisbon MBA, with the financial support of Armilar Venture Partners SCR.
In 2018 ACS is company with 16 employees in Portugal, but presenting a strong network of agents and representatives worldwide, In seven years, ACS fulfilled over 130 successful installations in 28 countries.
Distribution is ACS' biggest challenge and its strategy varies according to each market segment.
It is from Porto (Portugal) that ACS exports its technology to the whole of Europe. In projects for other continents, part of the production is transferred to the partner-manufacturer that is closer to the installation premises. ACS celebrates commercial agreements and joint ventures with complementary equipment suppliers, such as boiler and dryer manufacturers, or large engineering companies and contractors.
All the manufacturing stages are closely controlled by ACS. Each material is selected according to each system application, and this follow-up allows not only to optimize the cyclone, but also the construction, assembly and transportation of each unique part, to all around the world.