Advanced Wall Technologies, LLC (AWT) was founded by engineering and solid waste management professionals to advise companies in efficiently permitting, designing, constructing, financing and managing solid waste facilities. AWT has patents (pending) utilizing unique methods for constructing MSE berms that are far more cost effective than traditional methods of berm construction. AWT methods offer the most cost competitive strategy for volume expansion of waste management facilities coupled with a significantly compressed timeline for approval by regulatory agencies.
Innovative solutions for ongoing solid waste management
Some time ago, a client had a difficult challenge. Their landfill was almost out of airspace and leadership was faced with closing the landfill within 18 months at high cost and then forced to incur ongoing long term transportation and disposal fees. These costs would result in the diversion of capital away from many needed initiatives. AWT management began considering: How to increase airspace for a landfill that according to existing permits and site limitations (no lateral possibilities) and do it at a reasonable cost and in a very short period of time. Advanced Wall Technologies, LLC was created as the result of the solution to this challenge.
To make vertical and lateral expansions more economically feasible, AWT developed a patents pending design for construction of MSE berms with an encapsulated section using backfill materials that are environmentally and regulatory agency acceptable.The AWT technology is a less expensive alternative than a lateral expansion because the large capital expenditures for property and infrastructure development are eliminated.
Additionally, The AWT technology can be utilized for other embankment scenarios (roads, etc.) in which utilizing materials that are currently not allowable for construction would be beneficial. The innovative and creative solution to the challenge presented to AWT resulted in:
- This expansion will occur at the lowest possible cost by off-setting construction cost with backfill material revenue.
- An expansion to the disposal facility that provided 15-20 years of additional life.
- Provides a host fee to an economically depressed community.
- Prevents the community from incurring an anticipated $5M in closure/postclosure costs.
- Free disposal for the community for 15 years.
- Construction began within 8 months of regulatory permit amendment submittal.
That is a solution the AWT method; Rapidly, Economically, Reliably, Safely and Professionally.
Our market is primarily fragmented, in which a market leader has not come forward to provide a turnkey solution to an increasingly difficult disposal market. AWT has established a Vision in order to become that overall solution. The path to realizing our Vision is based on fundamental drivers, instrumental in achieving our goals in part rely on establishing strategic relationships in order to meet the demands of this high growth platform. Our strategic relationships were established based upon mutually beneficial skill sets and business models. Our business scope includes a wide variety of markets and we will continue to create strong valueadded relationships in key markets going forward.
AWT's memberships in industry associations offers numerous benefits and will keep us on top of important, ever-changing issues, trends and legislation within our marketplace. However, we believe the greatest benefit of being a member in an association is the networking and camaraderie that goes on among members. AWT holds these memberships in the highest regards; and considers them a vital component of our success.
AWT will continue to move forward and become the leading innovator of disposal airspace development, in turn creating enterprise value, using the AWT technology in the United States and eventually the world, while delivering solutions that consistently exceed our clients' expectations.
With a well-defined direction in place, the path to realizing our Vision is based on fundamental drivers that are instrumental to achieving our goals. Our mission:
- To undertake the [disposal] airspace creation business with a focus on becoming the leader in providing solutions while building excellence in every aspect to meet customers' stringent requirements regarding quality, on-time delivery, safety and environmental concerns.
- To constantly develop an effective management team that stresses productivity, perpetual development of the organization, and instilling work ethics in all personnel.
- To build value for the organization in order to become a unique and distinct firm.
- To remain focused on controlled organizational growth and recognizing those who contribute to this growth.