Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF)
Tech Futures is part of Alberta`s research and innovation system and is helping build healthy, sustainable businesses in the province. Through a suite of programs and services directed towards entrepreneurs, companies, researchers and investors, Tech Futures is preparing Alberta for a next generation economy. Tech Futures` business is to build globally competitive commerce in Alberta through. Facilitating the commercial use of new technologies; Developing new knowledge-based industry clusters; and Encouraging an entrepreneurial culture in Alberta.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Tech Futures offers:
Technical Services - Helping organizations develop their technologies faster and smarter
- 100,000 m2 of product/process development and scale-up facilities in the areas of petroleum, environment and carbon management, bio and industrial technologies
- 300 hectare research farm, three greenhouses, and 36 growth chambers
Funding Programs - Fostering an entrepreneurial culture and increasing Alberta's critical mass of innovation talent
- Post-secondary investment programs offer a broad range of support to researchers at all stages of their careers, from graduate students to the world’s top researchers
- Industry investment programs offer support to Alberta-based SMEs in a variety of ways to help accelerate their growth and success
Regionally Accessible Commercialization Support - Making connections and pointing businesses and entrepreneurs in the right direction
- Alberta Regional Innovation Network System - a new, integrated province-wide system ensuring SMEs and innovators have access to vital services and resources to help them succeed
When Tech Futures was created on January 1, 2010, it was built on the successes of the former Alberta Ingenuity, former Alberta Research Council, former iCORE, and nanoAlberta.
With roots stretching back almost 90 years, these organizations were well-known in the research and innovation community, not only within Alberta, but internationally as well. By bringing the separate entities together, the intention is to harness the creativity, innovation and outstanding research being conducted by all, and translate that into a new and improved organization that can build on the foundation laid by each entity.
Tech Futures shares the vision of each former organization - to leverage technology in order to make Alberta a great place to be, now and for future generations.