The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the development of viable commercial markets for renewable and sustainable commodities derived from algae. Its membership is comprised of people, companies and organizations across the value chain.
The primary goals of the Algae Biomass Organization are to:
- Facilitate commercialization and market development of microalgae biomass specifically for biofuels production and greenhouse gas abatement.
- Deliver information to the public on initiatives, funding opportunities, and industry development.
- Provide networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Establish cutting edge research and commercialization summits and other meeting opportunities.
- Develop a high quality interactive repository of information on algae biomass technology, science, products, processes, patents, and economics.
- Develop quality and measurement best practices for algal biomass, products, systems technology, and econometrics.
- Present career advancement and consultant opportunities.