Alphasense was founded in 1996 in response to industry demand for better quality gas sensors and a higher level of customer support. 25 years later, we still continue to push the boundaries in gas sensor development and manufacturing. Our purpose-built Headquarters in the East of England is furnished with state-of-the-art automation which supports our continued advances in manufacturing. Through ongoing investment, we continue to increase capacity, maintain high standards and assure the quality and integrity of our products is second to none.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Our people have a long history in all aspects of the gas detection industry that means we understand the issues affecting our customers. The experienced development group at Alphasense provides innovative solutions to specific customer requirements while our manufacturing and test teams deliver the highest-quality, most reliable sensors in the industry.
At Alphasense we are motivated and inspired to help our customers build a world that’s safer, cleaner and more energy efficient through sensor technology. We listen to our customers and constantly strive to enhance and improve our processes to ensure we deliver on that vision.
Alphasense invests heavily in state-of-the art automation and process equipment. We use kanban and cellular manufacturing techniques to manufacture both for both low and high volume customers ensuring they receive the same high quality product on-time. Our manufacturing and design operations comply with ISO9001:2015.
Alphasense is located in the South of England near London Stansted Airport giving easy and direct access for both our domestic and international markets.
Our team’s high level of expertise and many years’ of experience in a variety of gas detection technologies guarantees delivery of innovative, superior quality products.
Our current range of sensor technologies includes; Electrochemical, Catalytic, Optical (NDIR & PID), Semiconductor/metal oxide & Spectroscopy. Utilising our many years of in-house experience, we continue to seek new advancements and develop innovative technologies for the benefit of our customers. With 25 years in the business, we have access to some of the best technical and academic expertise available today and we work with a number of Universities and research establishments worldwide.
We fully appreciate the role that academia and start-ups play in the advancement of technologies and we actively encourage re-investment through joint ventures which combine emerging technologies with our scientific, manufacturing and commercial experience.
We work closely and in the strictest confidence with our customers, giving them the sensors they need and the performance end users demand.
To support our safety and industrial customers in the early stages of development or where a rapid introduction to market is needed, we offer a range of quality designed electronics including 4-20mA transmitters, signal conditioning boards and evaluation units. Supporting our Air Quality Network partners, we also supply low-noise Analogue Front Ends for interfacing with our customers wireless platforms.
We recognise the fragility of our natural world and we understand that it is our responsibility to ensure the we minimise the environmental impact our processes and products have on the environment.
In pursuit of this we have pledged to:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and regulations, including RoHs, WEEE and REACH.
- Improve continually our environmental management systems.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our products during their design and development, manufacture, use and disposal.
- Monitor our environmental performance regularly through the setting and reviewing of environmental objectives and targets.
- Work with our suppliers and customers to improve their environmental performance and reduce environmental impact.
- Communicate this policy to all employees and to the public as required.
- Implement appropriate environmental training for all staff.
- Reduce water and electricity consumption. Alphasense has installed roof mounted photo-voltaic panels and produces much of its own electricity.
- Minimise waste and consumption of materials and Implement recycling and re-use where possible.
- Dispose of all waste through the appropriate channels.