Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. With pro-forma 2014 annualised scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 50 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets. Amec Foster Wheeler offers services in environmental impact assessment, contaminated site characterization and remediation, waste management, environmental auditing and environmental management systems, risk assessment and management, REACH, occupational health, atmospheric sciences, geotechnical engineering, materials testing engineering, infrastructure program management, water resources engineering, and socio-economic assessment.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
- 40,000 exceptionally talented people throughout our global operations;
- 150+ years of history, operating in over 50 countries;
- We serve the oil & gas, clean energy, environment & infrastructure and mining markets;
- We offer consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialised power equipment services to our customers worldwide;
- Our customers, in both the private and public sector, are among the world’s biggest and best in their fields - BP, Shell, BR Petrobras, KNPC, Ontario Power Generation, GDF Suez, Sempra, ExxonMobil, Dow, Ineos Bio, EDF, U.S. Dept of Homeland Security, Hyundai, Ministry of Transportation, Rio Tinto, Northumbrian Water, Codelco, Chevron, K+S, Saudi Aramco, Petronas, Pemex, Marubeni Corporation, Duke Energy, to name just a few;
- We are proud of our core values: delivering on promises, developing full potential and doing the right thing;
- We are driven by delivering value to our shareholders, providing safe and sustainable project solutions for our customers, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in;
- Our business is structured to best serve our global customers across sectors: Americas, AMEA and Southern Europe, Northern Europe and CIS, and the Global Power Group;
- Our shares are traded on both the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange, where the company is listed in the Oil Equipment and Services sector (AMFW).
Sustainability development is shaping our business everyday; it is at the heart of Amec Foster Wheeler’s values. In years to come, we believe that the only truly successful businesses will be those that achieve a sustainable balance between their own interests and those of society and the natural world.
Amec Foster Wheeler is a company with a clear vision, a common sense of direction and a culture of performance and delivery. Our aim is to create a successful, sustainable company for the long term. To achieve this we need to balance economic, social and environmental issues in our decision- making processes, ensuring sustainable working is integrated into the very core of our business.
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organisation which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
Our relationship with SOS Children started in 2007. During this time, we have made valuable employee and corporate-level contributions to multiple locations across the charity's extensive footprint.
Over the first few years wesupported educational projects in Azerbaijan, Peru, Nigeria, the Philippines and Kazakhstan.
In addition, the company and its staff rallied to provide strong support for SOS Children's major emergency relief programme appeals, following the Haiti and Chile earthquakes, and the East African Famine, undertaking a series of fundraising events and providing generous corporate funding.
Our support helped fund material provisions including nutrition, clean water, medical aid and shelter as well as psychosocial aid - another integral part of these programmes, enabling children to come to terms with the trauma they have experienced.
We also funded a transformational ‘green’ project at SOS Children’s Village Gwagwalada in Nigeria. As a result, three of the houses became entirely self-sufficient through the installation of solar energy, water collection and purification systems. The project has helped decrease water usage as well as soil erosion from rain water. Generating electricity and saving water have both contributed to reducing Gwagwalada Children’s Village’s dependency on unreliable and costly mainstream supplies. The children and families are now benefiting - as well as the environment.
In 2013, employees collaborated to support the Syrian emergency relief appeal, assisting women and children forced from their homes by the conflict, through the provision of baby food, nappies and sanitary equipment to a growing number of mothers with infant children.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s generous commitment to SOS Children's global work amounts to almost half a million pounds, to date.What's happening in 2014? In 2014, we are raising money for a water project in the SOS village in Peru where children and families need a new water pipe installed. This will improve their quality of life and save money as they won’t have to fetch water or pay for its transportation. If we raise more funds than the costs of the water pipe, they will go into educational projects in SOS Children Villages in Azerbaijan and the Philippines.
We have a clear vision which encompasses our ambitions for the future. It describes our true potential and provides inspiration for us all in our daily work.