Since 50 years, Aquafil has been one of the leading players, both in Italy and globally, in the production of Polyamide 6: a landmark in terms of quality and product innovation. Additionally, the Group is a leaderin the research of new production models for sustainable development. This commitment to research and development leads to the regular renewal of processes and products thanks to continuous investments of capital and knowledge.
Leading manufacturer of Nylon 6
Since 1969, Aquafil has been one of the leading players, both in Italy and globally, in the production of polyamide 6: a landmark in terms of quality and product innovation, as well as a leader in the elaboration of new models for sustainable development. This strategic decision leads to the regular renewal of processes and products thanks to continuous investments of capital and know-how.
The Group has a presence in seven countries and three continents, employing more than 2000 staff at 13 plants in Italy, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, the USA, Thailand and China.
It operates through three product business units:
- BCF: synthetic fibers used in textile floorings in the contract, automotive and residential sectors
- NTF: synthetic fibers used in the apparel and sports industries
- EP: production of engineering plastics used to manufacture plastic products
Always committed to taking real measures to protect the environment, in 2008 Aquafil established the Energy & Recycle Business Unit, which supports all of the Group's manufacturing units in order to promote:
- The principles of sustainability both inside and outside the Group;
- The use of low impact or renewable energies and the energy saving;
- The use of recycled materials.
To acknowledge the needs of everyone within the Aquafil Group worldwide and those who help to achieve our goals: employees, contractors, suppliers and local communities in which the Group operates
To further develop an international presence by enhancing the potential in new and emerging countries
To set new standards for the market through research and innovation
To play a leading role in new models for sustainable development in order to secure the future of company growth and future generations
To be the leader in the production of synthetic fibers, especially of Polyamide 6, concentrating resources, ideas and investments on growth and excellence, and also on the environmental, social and corporate sustainability.
- To set new standards for the market through research and innovation;
- To further develop our international presence, in particular by enhancing the potential available in the new emerging countries;
- To paly a leading role in new models for sustainable development, in order to secure the future of the generations to come, and of our company's growth;
- To pay attention to the needs of everyone within the Aquafil world all those who help us achieve our project and are part of our world: employees, contractors, suppliers, communities of the regions where we are present.
Passion, know-how, transparency
Thanks to more than 40 years of consolidated experience in the synthetic fibers industry, the Aquafil Group has developed a system of corporate governance which is highly influenced by the fundamental values of its business. The cornerstones of the Group's strategy are a product-oriented culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, a drive for innovation and the awareness of the company's role in society.
The Aquafil Group is led by:
- The Board of Directors of the parent company Aquafil Spa, whose task is to define the Group's global strategies by implementing actions for growth, launching new activities in various sectors, and implementing plans for investment, control and assessment of results.
- The Management Executive Committee, which supports the Board of Directors in implementing its strategic decisions through operational interventions in industrial, logistical and commercial issues. The Committee monitors the Group's performance, the progress of projects and policies relating to safety in the workplace.
From Italy to the world
Aquafil has steadily consolidated its leadership of the sector, thanks to:
- Its policy of acquiring, investing in and creating new companies and manufacturing bases on an international level;
- An organization which revolves around 4 specialized business units – bcf, engineering plastics, ntf and energy & recycle – able to support the group's growth in all sectors of a market which is highly diversified in terms of demand and products;
- A central division responsible for the strategic management, coordination and control of the group's growth policies.
The Group has a presence in eight countries on three continents with 16 plants employing more than 2,700 people in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, Thailand and China.
Always committed to taking real measures to protect the environment, Aquafil established the Energy & Recycling business unit in 2008.
This division supports all Group manufacturing units in order to promote:
the principles of sustainability both inside and outside the Group
the use of low impact or renewable energies and energy saving
the use of recycled materials
The headquarters of the Group lies nestled in the beautiful scenery of the lake of Garda, in the Trentino region of Italy.
This beautiful landscape is a great source of inspiration for the sustainability values we pursue and the challenges we face every day.