Aquasentry was formed on 25th April 1986 by Peter Docherty as Aqualarm, providing basic pollution monitoring equipment. On seeing the potential in the products and the markets the Bayford Group decided to invest in the company in 1987 and in 1988 the name was changed to PMD Technologies Ltd. Over the years the company has manufactured and supplied many environmental products including sewage monitoring equipment, pollution control devices, leak detection equipment, as well as spill response and environmental consultation. By January 2006 the Bayford Group out rightly purchased PMD Technologies and introduced the trading name Aquasentry. Today the company is committed to providing tailored solutions for your environmental needs and with the introduction of FOG, firewater and rain water harvesting services the clients feel confident that Aquasentry are the experts to rely on.
Since 1986, Aquasentry has been successfully developing and manufacturing a range of innovative products. Our intelligent equipment is designed to prevent pollution, control spillages and conserve the environment effectively and reliably.
As an established leader in the supply and installation of pollution prevention, conservation and spill control technologies, we believe that saving money is just as important as environmental compliance.
Our proposals are environmentally friendly as well as economically effective.
We also work alongside the Environmental Authorities so all our products are fully compliant with the latest legislation, codes of practice and guidelines. This can be vital for companies also operating within ISO 14001 accreditation.
- ATEX and IECEx product certification for equipment used in potentially explosive atmospheres. Baseefa is the leading internationally recognised certification body for explosion protected equipment, delivering IECEx, ATEX and DSEAR certification.
- Most of the Aquasentry product range is ATEX approved.
- The Basic Electrical Safety Competence (BESC) registration scheme is for all persons who work directly or indirectly, on or near operational plant and equipment connected with electricity transmission and distribution.
- Our Engineers are listed on the EUSR for BESC.
- CSCS was set up to help the construction industry to improve quality and reduce accidents. CSCS cards are increasingly demanded as proof of occupational competence by contractors, public and private clients and others.
- Our Engineers all carry by the CSCS cards.
Competent Persons Register
- A Competent Person (CPS) must be registered with a scheme that has been approved by The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG). Schemes authorised by the DCLG are listed on its website.
- Our Engineers are covered by the CPS.
- The UVDB Verify audit and assessment service focuses on risk critical issues and provides demonstrable compliance to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) requirements.
- Aquasentry are member of the UVDB.
- Many workplaces contain spaces that are considered “confined”. A confined space has limited or restricted means for entry and those working in these areas must have the relevant permit to do so.
- All our engineers are covered for confined space entry.
Do you understand what is needed to protect the environment?
It is important that everyone understands their responsibilities when it comes to both British and European law, the guidance provided by the Environmental Agency and the potential hazards of spills, leaks and accidents to the environment. With the introduction of the “Polluter Pays Principle” in 2004 it is vital that you not only know your responsibilities but are also able to deal with any incidents in an effective and speedy manner.
Environmental Accidents can cost hundreds of thousands of pounds, cause massive business delays and ruin a reputation. Aquasentry can help with recommendations and next steps to ensure that your business is secure.
Since 1986, Aquasentry has been successfully developing and manufacturing a range of innovative products. These are designed to prevent pollution, control spillages and conserve the environment effectively and reliably.
As an established leader in the supply and installation of pollution prevention, conservation and spill control technologies, we believe that saving money is just as important as environmental compliance. You can be assured that our proposals are environmentally friendly as well as economically effective.
European legislation states ‘If the spillage goes into the water network, then any costs incurred by the Environment Agency, will be recovered from the polluter’. Known as the POLLUTER PAYS POLICY. We work alongside the Environmental Authorities so all our products are fully compliant with the latest legislation, codes of practice and guidelines that are vital for companies looking to ensure EA compliance.
In the event of a spill you have to also pay the ongoing costs to restore the water source back to its natural habitat. You may also need to undertake site restoration to get your business back to working form. Can you afford the time and expense of an out of control spill?
Aquasentry are here to find you a cost effective solution. Contact one of our expert team to find out how we can help you.