Aquastat Environmental Services Ltd
Aquastat Environmental Services Limited’s main Legionella control business activities, as defined by the LCA, are:- risk assessment; chemical water treatment services (including chemicals, equipment, pre-treatment plant, dosing & control systems, on-site analytical & monitoring services); hot & cold water monitoring and inspection services; cleaning and disinfection; analytical services; supply & refurbishment (including tank replacement /lining, upgrading, filters.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
We are pleased to be able to offer you a comprehensive water treatment service for the Prevention and Control of Legionnaires’ Disease.
Aquastat is a British Company with over 25 years experience in water hygiene. Our head office is based in North Somerset, but branch offices in various locations enable us to work throughout most of the UK.
Our services include: chemical cleaning and chlorination of water systems; water quality monitoring/sampling; risk assessments; acid descaling; tank refurbishment and cooling tower maintenance.
Aquastat offers a unique range of products for chemical and physical purification of water, and for long-term protection of fluid systems from corrosion, scale and contamination.
Our engineers and consultants boast backgrounds and experience in plumbing, engineering, microbiology and chemistry and have all completed accredited training courses run by the Water Management Society.
Our aim is to guide our clients through the complexities of the legislative requirements regarding water systems. With an emphasis on personal service, we have the experience and knowledge to provide a complete water hygiene service. We work with our clients advising them and explaining their obligations. We are able to carry out all work necessary in order to comply with the current legislation.
Each year, between 200 to 300 cases per year are reported in England and Wales. The mortality rate from confirmed cases is listed as 10 -13% this suggests that the remaining 87% - 90% return to normal pre-Legionellosis health. Contracting Legionellosis can often prove detrimental to major organs of the body which once damaged may remain permanently impaired.
What are the symptoms of Legionnaires' disease?
Legionnaires' disease is a form of pneumonia, so it can be hard to diagnose at first. Signs of the disease can include: a high fever, chills, and a cough. Some people may also suffer from muscle aches and headaches. Chest X-rays are needed to find the pneumonia caused by the bacteria, and other tests can be done on sputum (phlegm), as well as blood or urine to find evidence of the bacteria in the body.
How serious is it? What is the treatment?
Legionnaires' disease can be very serious and can cause death in up to 5% to 30% of cases. Most cases can be treated successfully with antibiotics [drugs that kill bacteria in the body], and healthy people usually recover from infection.
Where do Legionella bacteria come from?
The Legionella bacteria are found naturally in the environment, usually in water. The bacteria grow best in warm water, like the kind found in hot tubs, cooling towers, hot water tanks, large plumbing systems, or parts of the air-conditioning systems of large buildings.
Services offered by Aquastat Environmental Services for water systems in buidings.
- WATER HYGIENE : Cleaning and disinfection of water storage tanks and all associated downstream services. Cleaning and disinfection of tank rooms.
- WATER TANKS : Refurbishment to Byelaw requirements. Butyl lining, GRP coating, painting or replacement.
- RISK ASSESSMENTS : Water & Air systems for compliance with legislation.
- DUCTWORK : Cleaning & disinfection. Fitting of inspection panels.
- WATER SOFTENERS : Supply, installation & servicing.
- HEATING SYSTEMS : Chemical cleaning, corrosion/scale inhibitor dosing.
- COOLING TOWERS : Refurbishment, cleaning, disinfection & treatment.
- BOILERS/CALORIFIERS : Chemical descaling.
- LEGIONELLA : Monitoring, management, treatment, log books etc.
- SCALE CONTROL : Non-softening equipment for controlling hardness scale.
- MONITORING : Microbiological & chemical sampling & analysis.
- HOT WATER SERVICES : Temperature monitoring & cleaning.
- UV STERILISERS : Ultra-violet sterilisation equipment for water services.
- ON-LINE DISINFECTION : Non-disruptive disinfection of water systems.
- EMERGENCY SERVICES : Legionella outbreaks - emergency disinfection, tank replacement etc.