Arako spol. s r.o.
ARAKO´s history goes back to the 19th century when Josef Koppitz founded the factory and started to manufacture sewing machines of Opilia, later Silesia and Minerva brands. The production of the Minerva sewing machine grew rapidly in particular, despite the First World War. In the inter-war period the company was well provided with capital, starting a construction of a subsidiary in Boskovice. However, the Second World War complicated substantially the company´s situation when the company had to be involved in the war production, reducing the sewing machine manufacture to a minimum. Although the Opava factory was heavily damaged at the end of the war, the manufacture of sewing machines came back to the town soon. The deliveries were supplied not only to the domestic market but many batches were also intended for exporting abroad. However, the sewing machine manufacture was ceased in 1953.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
WHO WE ARE
ARAKO spol. s r.o., is a Czech manufacturer of industrial valves for the energy, chemical and petrochemical industries. It is based on the more than 60-year-long tradition of valve development and manufacture in Opava, associated with the SIGMA group and Minerva company. Since 2007 the company has been a part of the Russian state-owned holding Atomenergomash, the machinery division of the state atomic energy corporation Rosatom.
From 2011 to 2013 the company´s factory was modernised extensively. Due to the latest technologies and experience of the company´s experts, ARAKO currently offers complete services in the sphere of industrial valve development, manufacture and service.
The ARAKO´s wide product range includes valves of carbon, alloy and stainless steels, including globe stop valves, lift check valves, bellows valves, gate valves, swing check valves, filters, ball valves, mud-discharging valves and continuous blowing down valves.
A separate section of the product range includes special valves for the nuclear energy industry. The company´s ability to supply valves for primary circuits of nuclear power plants is the best evidence of the company´s production quality.
Besides the manufacture of valves, ARAKO offers services in the sphere of valve service, repairing and re-manufacturing, as well as a development and adaptation of valves according to specific customer requirements at the company´s own design department. Other services include consulting and manufacturing cooperation using the latest machine tools.
ARAKO valves can be found in twenty-five countries of four continents. They are used in many branches of industry – in refineries or oil terminals, chemical factories and, in particular, power plants, including nuclear ones. ARAKO customers appreciate particularly the reliability and long service life of valves proven in operations in various environmental conditions. Caring for existing customers and building long-term business relations are among the foremost goals of ARAKO.
We have been operating in the market of industrial valves for more than 60 years. The quality of our products is certified by internationally recognised organisations. However, the best evidence of the ARAKO´s production quality consists in our customers´ references – the repeated supplies of valves for primary circuits of nuclear power plants in particular.
The high level of quality of the company´s own products and services offered is a part of the company´s corporate culture. It is assured not only by the existence of a separate department authorised to manage quality but, in particular, a great responsibility of all the company´s employees.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The ARAKO´s quality management system has already been certified according to the ISO 9001 standard since 1995. The certification was conducted and the certificate was issued by the renowned organisation TÜV SÜD Management Service.
One of the crucial documents for establishing the principles and rules of ARAKO´s business is Quality Policy. It includes the top management´s obligations to lead and manage the company to a long-term growth and prosperity as well as a description of expectations in respect of the company´s own employees.
It also defines a goal to manufacture and supply industrial valves, laying emphasis on a high technical level, quality, safety and reliability. All that is done with respect of the needs and expectations of customers, of whom the satisfaction is foremost.
The experts who supervise the quality of products and services offered have long-term experience and educate themselves further in the relevant field. ARAKO is equipped with control mechanisms at all levels of the manufacturing process:
- receiving inspection of materials, semi-products and assembling parts,
- mechanical and laboratory tests (tensile test, impact bending test, hardness, roughness, metallography),
- non-destructive tests (X-ray and gamma-ray testing, ultrasonic and dye-penetrant tests, sonar and paraffin tests, helium leakage tests and visual inspection),
- in-process and final inspection of parts,
- assembly inspection and valve pressure tests,
- product final inspection.
Permanently sustainable development means for us to act in the interest of the future generations – with respect to economic development, the environment, society and every individual. Due to our own business, we create jobs, contribute to the development of the Czech industry and, due to the export to many countries of the world, to a promotion of its reputation beyond the frontiers of the Czech Republic.SAFETY
We take care of our employees and their working environment. Health and safety at work are our priorities. We continuously improve the conditions for a safe work at individual places of work.
ARAKO has established Safety Culture based on the following principles:
- Efficient communication
- Awareness of consequences of one´s own work
- Znalosti vlastních pracovních postupů a odpovědností
- Knowledge of one´s own working procedures and responsibilities
- Knowledge of limitations and limits of one´s own working activities
- Systematic order
In the same responsible manner we treat the environment. During the production of products and services we are considering their environmental impacts. As a large manufacturer we can affect the quality of the environment so we strictly adhere to all legal and other obligatory regulations in respect of, for example, sources of air pollution, chemical agent treatment, etc. We sort wastes and it is a commonplace for us to prevent energies and resources from wasting.ETHICAL BUSINESS
We require our colleagues to apply a responsible approach defined by Ethical Code. We appreciate a honest behaviour. We treat our customers, suppliers and competitors decently and fairly. Our employees are aware of the fact that they represent a company of international importance.
The Atomenergomash (AEM) group is a machinery division of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom – a leading company in the sphere of nuclear and traditional energy industries in Russia. It is a supplier of complete solutions, including design, manufacture, deliveries, installation, engineering and service of equipment for nuclear and thermal power plants as well as for gas and petrochemical industries.
It merges more than 30 companies from Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Hungary. The AEM´s goal is to establish a company being able to compete worldwide in the sphere of power engineering with a strong portfolio of products and services.
The unique manufacturing possibilities, strong scientific and research basis and rich professional experience are essentials for a success and a stable development of the AEM group.KEY INDICATORS
- AEM merges more than 30 scientific/research, engineering, manufacturing, service and installation companies.
- AEM products and equipment are installed in 22 countries worldwide.
- AEM products and equipment are used by 13 % of nuclear power plants worldwide and 40 % of thermal power plants in Russia, CIS and Baltic states.
- The AEM groups employs more than 25 000 staff.
- AEM is the largest manufacturer of equipment for VVER nuclear reactors.
- AEM is the only manufacturer of industrial fast reactors worldwide.
- AEM is the only Russian manufacturer of steam generators for Russian nuclear power plants and vessels for fast reactors.
- AEM is the only Russian manufacturer of main circulation pumps for all types of Russian reactor.
- AEM is one of the Russian largest manufacturers of utilisation boilers for mean- and high-power steam-gas power plants.
- AEM has manufactured more than 100 steam generators for nuclear power plants equipped with VVER-440 reactors and more than 300 steam generators for nuclear power plants equipped with VVER-1000 reactors. The total of 90 generating blocks produces more than 66 GW of electric power.