ASM is an innovative and modern Biotechnology company that specialises in Organic Recyclates. Our business, right from the outset, has been to offer affordable technology for solving escalating organic waste disposal problems, with our focus on cost reduction for our clients and environmental benefits for us all. To do that, we offer a closed loop solution, where nothing is wasted – everything is recycled into a useful form. This has only been possible with the breakthrough of ASM’s fully patented Accelerated Thermophilic Aerobic Digester (ATAD), with its ability to process mixed organic food and green waste to produce a high nutrient, stable, non-toxic fertiliser pellet in typically three days. We call this revolutionary technology, the `ecoHERO`.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Clearly then it offers companies that generate or collect organic biodegradeable waste, a less expensive option than sending to landfill, macerating into the waterways, or incineration. All of which generate a carbon footprint at least 80% higher than the solution offered by the 'ecoHERO'. To reinforce our commitment to our belief, we purchase the fertiliser pellets from all our clients!
The 'ecoHERO' also converts organic waste into other useful resources, such as animal feed and raw energy for energy plants or biomass systems.
In today’s business environment, no company can afford to waste money - or waste the planet! It’s a fact that waste is an essential part of providing food products and services. By working with the ASM Group you will eliminate sending waste to landfill, waterways or to incineration, while reducing your costs.
bout the ASM Group
ASM is a UK incorporated environmental Biotech company, located in London. Founded in 2003, ASM’s business focus is the marketing and sales of its patented Accelerated Thermophilic Aerobic Digestion technology (ATAD), which converts organic waste materials into commercially viable commodities such as granular fertiliser, animal feed and pure energy.
The revolutionary breakthrough that characterises ASM’s ATAD process is its ability to convert mixed food and agricultural waste streams into non-toxic, stable fertiliser pellets in a period of approximately 3 days.
Such a capability to convert different organic wastes in such a short timeframe creates unique commercial opportunities. It allows companies and organisations increased efficiency and cost-effectiveness of converting food waste and agriculture wastes into a valuable end product which they can sell or utilise in a further recycling process.
This allows ASM to offer all those generating biodegradeable waste, a cost-effective alternative to landfill disposal and waterways pollution, seriously reducing the carbon footprint of these generators of biodegradeable waste.
Extensive testing carried out at the Ecosystem Laboratory of the Open University confirms that ASM’s fertiliser recyclates enhance soil fertility, thereby reducing the carbon side effects of chemical fertiliser and pesticides into the environment.
ASM Group will lead by example in its own activities through the commitment to its Environmental Strategy and will aim to minimise the impacts of its activities to the environment.
We will continuously develop new strategy and incorporate new methods to improve it as far as possible. ASM Group will ensure that environmental priorities are integrated into the decisions it takes on all its services and will seek whenever it has a regulatory or influential role to:
- Make the most efficient use of energy
- Reduce the need for movement of both people and goods and encourage walking, cycling and the use of public transport as alternatives to the private car
- Minimise and where possible, eliminate, all forms of pollution
- Avoid waste and encourage the appropriate conservation, re-use and recycling of resources
- Protect, restore and enhance the diversity of the District's wildlife and countryside
- Conserve and enhance the character and quality of the District's built environment
- Avoid environmental damage by assessing and monitoring environmental impacts rather than responding to them afterwards
- Promote a sense of responsibility and understanding for the environment and participation in environmental issues, by raising staff awareness, by education, information provision and open consultation with the local community
- Work in partnership with our contractors, suppliers and others to comply with all regulatory requirements at a local, national, European and international level and to encourage continuous improvement in environmental performance and practices
- Review and where possible, improve our performance each year with positive action an any areas of non-compliance.
At ASM Group, we recognise that our customer satisfaction depends on our staff's performance. To ensure that the highest of expectations are exceeded, we follow this quality policy.
We only deal in carefully selected products which are good value, environmentally friendly and manufactured under EN ISO 9001/2 standards sites.
We recruit carefully, selecting only those candidates who share our professional attitude. All activities are task risk assessed, and materials are selected and applied in accordance with COSHH regulations. Everyone is taught in safety policy and procedures thoroughly.
We operate a practical management and supervision system which means that our staff's work is assessed regularly.
As Investors in People, ASM Group are aware that the calibre of our staff reflects on the delivery of our service. We therefore are careful in recruitment and training to ensure that staff understand the needs of our clients.
The overall goal of ASM Group is to protect both people and the environment. ASM Group fully recognise the importance of stringent Health & Safety monitoring.
ASM Group has a duty to ensure that any waste carried is handled safely and within the law. This is called 'duty of care'. It applies to anyone who produces, imports, transports, stores, treats or disposes of controlled waste from business or industry. Commercial and industrial wastes ( including hazardous/special wastes) are classified as ‘controlled waste’. The duty of care has no time limit. It extends until the waste has either been finally disposed of or fully recovered.
ASM Group will ensure that:
- ASM Group will store and dispose of all your waste responsibly. The waste is only handled or dealt with by people or businesses that are authorised to do so.
- ASM Group keep records of all waste that you transfer or receive for at least two years.
- ASM Group have up to date Public Liability Insurance.
ASM Group have a responsibility to:
- Stop anyone storing, disposing of or recovering the waste unless they have an environmental permit (England and Wales), a waste management licence ( Northern Ireland and Scotland ), or an exemption.
- Package all waste materials appropriately and robustly to stop them escaping from your, or anyone else’s, control.
- Ensure that ASM Group waste is only transferred to a person or business authorised to deal with that particular type of waste.
- Ensure that the waste being transferred is accompanied by a written description that will enable anyone receiving it to dispose of it or handle it safely and appropriately.