AWT (Water Treatment) Ltd was established in 1993. The business encompasses: legionella preventative maintenance to comply with the ACOP L8 (risk assessments, cleaning and disinfection, provision of logbooks, monitoring services including water sampling, showerhead cleaning); borehole and effluent monitoring; the monitoring and maintenance of private water supplies. Analysis is subcontracted to UKAS accredited laboratories. The administration systems of AWT (Water Treatment) Ltd have been approved by QAS Ltd to ISO 9001: 2008 quality management systems, standards and guidelines. AWT Ltd. gained Investor-in-People in November 2003, and was re-assessed in 2006 and 2010.
AWT (Water Treatment) Ltd has been in business since 1993 serving clients mainly in Aberdeen and the North of Scotland.
AWT provide a comprehensive range of services and are specialists in water hygiene services including legionella preventative maintenance.
Our aim is to provide a high quality service to our clients to assist them in resolving water issues and helping them comply with legislation.
We take great pride in the reputation we have built up over the years and in the personal service we provide.
In support of its status in this chosen field, The Company is a Member the Legionella Control Association for Service Providers for Legionella Management. Also the Company has been awarded accreditation from Safecontractor for its commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety.
An essential requirement of the continuing maintenance and development of the Company’s quality objectives was the installation of a quality system registered to ISO 9001 status. Attainment of ISO 9001:2008 is a further step on the road of continual improvement.
The company was founded by the current MD and began trading in 1993. Before setting up the business he worked for the regional water authority, working in both water and wastewater treatment as a process scientist. He has a degree in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, is a Chartered Chemist and Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a member of the Water Chemistry forum.
The Business Manager is a graduate in Microbiology from the University of Aberdeen and has been with the company since 1999 except for a brief spell with Nalco. He is also the company’s senior risk assessor.
We have a wealth of experience in water systems management. All our Engineers are fully trained and in particular are City and Guilds qualified to undertake risk assessments and the chlorination of water systems.
AWT work with local authorities, fire and rescue services, facilities management companies, NHS, oil service companies, mechanical service providers, hotels and education/research establishments.
- Water systems risk assessments in particular legionella risk assessments – required by ACOP L8 – must be reviewed two yearly. Assessments are undertaken to meet the guidance and recommendations of BS 8580:2010.
- Monitoring buildings’ water systems to comply with ACOP L8 ‘The control of legionella bacteria in water systems’– including tank inspections, temperature monitoring, showerhead cleaning, calorifier flushing.
- Chlorination of water tanks and pipework to the requirements of the ACOP L8 and BS6700: 2006.
- Water sampling and testing – using UKAS accredited laboratories. Legionella, E. coli, Coliforms, Enterococci, Pseudomonas, TVC at 22oC and 37oC.
- Bespoke water services site log books – a requirement of ACOP L8 is that records of monitoring must be kept for a minimum of five years.
- Effluent monitoring and testing. Sampling of effluents to check compliance with Consent conditions set by the Water Authority. Testing for BOD, COD, pH, suspended solids, oil-in-water.
- Consultancy and advice on water treatment.
- Pre-commission cleaning of pipework systems LTHW and chilled water to BSRIA AG 1/2001.1 – including flow velocity measurements and on site analytical testing.
- Provision of chemicals.