Azor Ambiental, S.A.
Azor Ambiental, S.A. one of the leading companies in the management of automotive waste and its conversion into useful products for society. AZOR has been focusing on two major activities: Automotive waste management. Conversion, an industrial activity aiming at the recovery of resources. Secondary lead smelting, taking the raw material mainly from the recycling of lead batteries and other type of scrap, has through history experienced a quick evolution based upon always environmentally friendly criteria and constant technology innovation in all the production processes. AZOR has been officially designated final waste Manager for the treatment of dangerous automotive waste and lead waste.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Its unique management model, based on innovation and flexibility, and the achievements attained have made Azor Ambiental one of the leading companies in the management of automotive waste and its conversion into useful products for society.
Since 1948, AZOR has been focusing on two major activities:
- Automotive waste management.
- Conversion, an industrial activity aiming at the recovery of resources.
The industrial activities carried out today are leading towards an increasingly greater production and meeting the most demanding quality standards in place. At the same time, we use the latter to respect and improve, insofar as it is possible, the environment we live in.
AZOR has a network of 163 collaborating centres that contribute to the collection of automotive waste, and employs 130 people.
In its recycling plan, AZOR currently deals with over 3,000,000 battery units and more than 10,000,000 automotive oil filters each year. AZOR produces over 40,000 tonnes of lead every year.
The principles upon which Azor Ambiental’s commitment is based in terms of Corporate Social Responsibility are good faith in establishing relationships with the interested parties and with society as a whole; constant dialogue with stakeholders and social organisations; and, finally, transparency regarding our business activities and, more precisely, our sustainability strategy.
At Azor Ambiental we offer our customers maximum quality products and unbeatable service.
Our company has always aimed at achieving full customer satisfaction. Thus we have made a great effort to be able to offer them maximum quality products together with unbeatable service.
To this end, at the beginning of 1997, Azor Ambiental undertook a project aiming at management improvement, based on the design and implementation of a Quality Management System in conformity with ISO 9001.
Our quality policy is based upon the following:
- Manufacturing and marketing quality products that can satisfy the needs of the most demanding markets.
- Complying with the relevant legislation and regulations, both at national and international level.
- Using suitable, safe, high quality materials and products in the manufacturing process.
- Having modern, rational and economical production facilities, suitable for the manufacturing of high-quality products, which are tidy, clean and safe.
- Ensuring the adaptation of human resources, methods and equipment used in verifications.
- Extending staff training, in particular to people directly involved with product quality.
- Continual improvement of the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
- At Azor Ambiental At Azor Ambiental we offer our customers maximum quality products and unbeatable service
- Azor Ambiental S.A has a quality management system in place in conformity with ISO 9001:2000 standard, with certificate no. ER-078/1997 awarded by AENOR.
- Management establishes the quality policy and provides the necessary resources to achieve the objectives included in the annual quality plan, making sure that the quality policy suits the organisation’s purpose.
- Azor develops this policy through quality plans that result in objectives that are communicated to the different organisation’s levels
- Our products comply with the relevant standards and specifications under which they are manufactured, as well as with the applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- We ensure the analysis of our products through our daily verification of measurement equipment with traceable certified and recognised models (CRM).
- The use of tools and improvement techniques enable us to anticipate the necessary changes to satisfy the implicit needs of our customers.
- To this end, we continually invest in the best technology available both for the manufacturing processes and the control and information management processes.
- The organisation turns the needs of our customers into design requirements for our products and processes and takes them through the quality function deployment (QFD) to all its areas, translating the experience of our customers into the adequate tool to respond to the future needs that will ensure our customers’ loyalty.
- The rapid response to customers’ needs is one of our defining features in quality terms.
- The improvement methodology is present in all our activities, all of which are oriented towards the minimisation of waste, the saving of materials through the adequate drafting for each one of our products, and the re-engineering of processes.
- Knowledge management, applied to our traditional good practices, constitutes a highly positive balance in the use of our intellectual capital which, together with our process control, enables us to actively collaborate with our customers, guiding them in the use of our products and in the improvement of their processes.
- The management review of these objectives, of the management system and of the quality policy ensures continual improvement.