Bakker Magnetics B.V.
We develop, test and produce magnetic solutions and products. With more than 45 years of knowledge, experience and our flexible approach we ensure a solid answer to any magnetic need. Whether that need is in automotive, oil & gas, recycling, renewable energy, retail or food & aquarium supplies. Our headquarters are in Eindhoven. Bakker Magnetics dealerships and agencies can be found worldwide. Besides our production and assembly facilities in Eindhoven, we also produce magnets in our Joint Venture in Ningbo, China.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Manufacturing, Other
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
We love magnetics and we love to innovate. But to be of substantial and sustainable added value to our customers we need more. That’s why we are flexible, fast, smart and always focused on quality and on our customers’ needs.
This is how we do it:
- We have our own production site in Son where we produce custom made magnetic assemblies to fit any specific need.
- We can easily make and test prototypes here in Son, always in close collaboration with our clients. That’s how we respond fast and flexible to various prototyping demands.
- Our professional and dedicated engineering department thrives on meeting specific customer needs or requirements.
- Our large stock in magnets (one of the largest in Europe) makes it easy to meet short delivery times.
- With our own test centre and laboratory we measure and guarantee the quality and specifications of our magnets before shipment.
- We are ISO certified (ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015)
- Our production facilities with our joint venture in China guarantee a constant high quality and customization.
Bakker Magnetics. A magnetic story.
It was Gerard Bakker who started assembling small pot magnets in his shed in his back yard, which in 1971 led to the founding of Bakker Magneten B.V. The acquisition of Madava B.V. from Rotterdam in 1977 was the beginning of the sustainable growth that still characterizes the company. Five years later the two companies merged into Bakker Madava Magneten en Magneetsystemen B.V. In 1989 we founded our subsidiary in Belgium under the name Bakker Magnetics Belgium N.V.
Quality has always been one of our cornerstones, something that was illustrated by the ISO 9001 certification in 1994 (followed by ISO 14001 certification in 2012). 1995 was the year to change our name to Bakker Magnetics B.V. and in 1997 we moved to the new location in Son, where today we still have our headquarters. Our joint venture in China was the next logical step in 2001.
In 2005 we started developing MDS (Magnetic Density Separation), our patented technology. MDS was the start of Liquisort with the divisions Liquisort Recycling, Liquisort Plastics, Liquisort USA.