Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. The company’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time Bayer creates value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than 1,000,000,000 €
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. As an inventor company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve the quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and acts as a socially and ethically responsible corporate citizen. In fiscal 2012, Bayer employed 110,500 people and had sales of €39.8 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to €2 billion, R&D expenses to €3 billion.
Bayer AG defines common values, goals and strategies for the entire Group. The three subgroups and three service companies operate independently, led by the management holding company. The Corporate Center supports the Group Management Board in its task of strategic leadership.
Business operations are the responsibility of the subgroups:
- Bayer HealthCare is among the world’s foremost innovators in the field of pharmaceutical and medical products. more
- Bayer CropScience, with its highly effective products, pioneering innovations and keen customer focus, holds global leadership positions in crop protection and non-agricultural pest control.
- Bayer MaterialScience is a renowned supplier of high-performance materials such as polycarbonates and polyurethanes, and innovative system solutions for a wide range of everyday uses
Bayer is an innovation company with a long tradition of research. By applying science to the major global challenges, we deliver innovations that address unmet customer and market needs.
Our focus on innovation is the key to maintaining or gaining a leading position in every market in which we operate. It is also the foundation for improving the lives of many millions of people:
- We help patients around the world by preventing, alleviating and curing diseases as well as improving diagnosis.
- We ensure a sufficient supply of high-quality food, feed and fiber.
- We make significant contributions in the fields of energy and resource efficiency, mobility and home living – to name just a few.
- By working sustainably and accepting our role as a socially and ethically responsible corporate citizen – and by committing to our Bayer values – we create benefits for the communities in which we live.
Science For A Better Life: this is the promise we all give to our stakeholders.
Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are ourvalues: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE.
They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life.”
- Be passionate for people and performance
- Show personal drive, inspire and motivate others
- Be accountable for actions and results, successes and failures
- Treat others fairly and with respect
- Give clear, candid and timely feedback
- Manage conflicts constructively
- Create value for all our stakeholders
- Provide clarity and direction
- Think and act strategically
- Demand and recognize performance
- Ensure employability of staff by developing and coaching
- Build a strong and diverse talent pipeline
- Be a role model
- Comply with laws, regulations and good business practices
- Trust others and build trustful relationships
- Be honest and reliable
- Listen attentively and communicate appropriately
- Ensure sustainability: balance short-term results with long-term requirements
- Care about people, safety and the environment
- Drive change actively
- Be ready to adapt to future trends and needs
- Challenge the status quo
- Think and act with customers in mind
- Seek out opportunities and take calculated risks
- Be open-minded
- Embrace lifelong learning
- Manage resources smartly
- Focus on activities that create value
- Do things simply and effectively
- Deliver with appropriate costs, speed and quality
- Speed up good decision-making
- Be accountable for consistent execution
- Collaborate for better solutions