Bio-Microbics manufactures innovative, advanced wastewater treatment systems, septic system alternative products, and stormwater treatment that provide ideal solutions and water reuse opportunities for single-family & multi-family homes, clustered subdivisions, small communities and commercial properties around the world.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Ideal for Residential/Commercial Onsite Wastewater Treatment and Water Reuse Systems:
As a global leading manufacturer of decentralized wastewater, septic system enhancements, and stormwater systems products, Bio-Microbics has decades of real world operating history with more than 45,000 installations in over 60 countries. Through a worldwide distributor network, Bio-Microbics has been recognized as a leader in exporting our decentralized equipment with receiving the 2011 KS Exporter of the Year Award and the 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports.
At the forefront of sustainable, clean technology, Bio-Microbics systems meet the highest worldwide performance and safety standards for treatment of water, wastewater, rainwater, and more! Bio-Microbics has developed a number of innovative products, some of which have revolutionized methods of dealing with the treatment of sewage on sites – where infrastructure and drainage was and is not available. Bio-Microbics has had a number of firsts to its credit and throughout its history.
- FAST® treatment technology was first used on marine applications in 1969, predating the Clean Water Act of 1972!
- MicroFAST® systems were one of the first to get certified for residential use and general permitting for Nitrogen Reduction throughout many States.
- Routinely specified for schools, housing developments, shopping centers, restaurants and nursing homes, along with our HighStrengthFAST®, MyFAST®, and SeptiTech® STAAR™ Trickling Filter Systems.
- BioBarrier® was the first MBR system certified for Nitrogen Reduction (NSF/ANSI Std 245); remains the only system certified for Water Reuse (NSF/ANSI Std 350 R).
- In 2012, we introduced our S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Warranty Program to revitalize failed Septic systems with our RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement.
Check out our Mighty Mike® line of environmentally-friendly, biodegradable Laundry Detergents, Cleaners, and Maintenance Tablets.
With a worldwide emphasis on environmental concerns and improving water quality, our pre-engineered, pre-packaged, certified, “Fixed Integrated Treatment Technologies” (FITT®) are the result of decades of real world operating history and proven results that offer significant environmental benefits…FITT® for the Purpose Intended.
With tens of thousands of installations all over the world, the Bio-Microbics Fixed Integrated Treatment Technology (FITT), such as our FAST and BioBarrier systems have been used successfully for the global onsite markets. Bio-Microbics serves residential, commercial, marine wastewater, water reuse, and storm water markets:
- Aeration, Equipment & Systems
- Aerobic Treatment & Systems
- Biological Nutrient Removal
- Decentralized Treatment Systems
- Denitrification Equipment
- Effluent Treatment
- Grease Interceptors
- Grease Removal Equipment
- Membrane Biological Reactors
- Nitrate Removal
- Nitrogen Removal Equip & Supplies
- Packing Media, Towers & Scrubbers
- Septic System Enhancements & Accessories
- Screening- Wastewater & Storm Water
- Storm Water Filtration and Treatment Systems
- Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Water Reuse Systems
What Makes Bio-Microbics so Great?
“Our Products, Policies, and Personnel make the difference.”
The Bio-Microbics Team encapsulates a staff of engineers, chemists, biologists, drafters, technical engineers for sizing and regulations, and wastewater field experts. We couple our broad range of experience and education with the latest technology and process innovation to maximize value to our distributors and their clients. While we exercise our innovative and creative abilities, we support our growing network of distributors, whose invaluable knowledge and talent fuels our success on the local level.
Our FAST Wastewater Treatment Systems are pre-engineered, turnkey solutions for decentralized treatment of 500 to 160,000+ gal (.5-600 m3/D) of wastewater per day.
The FAST systems utilize fixed integrated treatment technology (FITT) to provide robust, consistent treatment that uses all the advantages of innovative treatment technology in a small footprint, lower maintenance/operational costs and FITT for the purpose intended.
Bio-Microbics provides system certifications, engineering, installation, and other training services.
7 Reasons to Choose a Bio-MIcrobics FAST System
The simple design of the FAST system culminates in a stable and effective treatment environment. Years of applied engineering knowledge have led to a product that is easy to install, easy to operate, and inexpensive to maintain. Our experienced engineering staff will be pleased to assist you in selecting the best treatment and transfer system; and help you bring your project into compliance and keep it there at the lowest total cost.
- Handles Most Environmental Conditions : While both FAST and conventional activated sludge systems continuously mix the waste, this is where similarities cease. The bacteria, which anchor themselves on the FAST media form distinct layers of subsurface anaerobic microbes and surface aerobic microbes with facultative bacteria in between. The anchored biomass allows FAST to quickly adapt to incoming loading conditions with a very low loss of bacteria in the effluent. Only the surface aerobic microbes would die and slough off. The facultative microbes once exposed to air will quickly convert to aerobic respiration and degrade the incoming organics. With the robust aeration and recirculation, the FAST system avoids excessive biomass growth conditions (clogging) that can wreak havoc in conventional attached-growth wastewater treatment technologies.
- 100% Submergence : Many attached growth technologies limit biomass growth by alternating exposure to incoming waste and oxygen. The FAST system’s 100% media submergence creates optimal contact between the incoming waste, free oxygen, and biomass. This allows FAST to maximize pollutant reduction.
- Low Maintenance : The FAST design creates several maintenance advantages over other systems. The FAST system utilizes a remotely mounted regenerative blower (up to 100 feet away) that can tolerate dirty air environments and lasts much longer than linear compressors. Additionally, the system requires no service of parts inside the treatment tank.
- Exceptional Bio-solids Stability : Conventional activated sludge systems must frequently waste sludge in order to maintain the desired Food to Mass (F/M) ratio and therefore optimize treatment ability. Suspended growth systems also produce low density sludge (<1% solids by volume) that is slower to settle out and occupies a greater volume in the treatment vessel. The fixed film media in a FAST system self regulates the F/M ratio thereby requiring no operational adjustments. In addition FAST produces a high density sludge (>2% solids by volume) which occupies less volume in the treatment vessel. This higher density sludge greatly reduces time between sludge removals. By optimizing the biological environment, and applying simplified engineering principles (white sheet engineering), the Bio-Microbics FAST systems have eliminated many of the hassles required by other treatment plants. FAST systems take the term “plug-n-play” to new heights.
- Nitrogen Reduction : Nitrification and denitrification (up to 70% total nitrogen reduction) projects are much easier with FAST technology and a MicroFAST followed by a NitriFAST in series yields a higher nitrification rate. The submerged FAST media provides an ideal environment for a large population of aerobic microorganisms in the aerated, self-cleaning bioreactor chamber to digest the contaminants in the wastewater and turn it into a clear, odorless, high-quality effluent.
- Consistent High Performance : MicroFAST units consistently deliver very high performance levels (average of 95% BOD5). Equipped with SFR (Sequencing Fixed Reactor) features, the SFR adds flexibility of the biological system to be customized to help decrease electrical costs. FAST systems meet or exceed most worldwide regulatory requirements. FAST units can be ordered, shipped, installed and operating within a few weeks.
- Natural Processes : Using multiple biological, bio-chemical, chemical and physical processes within the system, the high surface area to volume ratio of the FAST media provides the needed space for nitrifying bacteria to attach themselves within the naturally protective environment. Large volumes of biomass, combined with longer sludge age, lessen the impact of low temperature effects, further enabling a more complete nitrification of influent ammonia levels.
Innovation has always been the core of Scienco/FAST. Decades of experience has taught us that our pre-engineered, modular components provide good installations aboard vessels and platforms of all types. The company continues to expand its product offering to include other transfer, treatment devices, and components for a multitude of applications, nitrogen reduction, oil/water separators, grease removal, membranes, renovations, aeration and mixing, biological tablets, and various other screening/filtration devices.
As world leaders in the on-site wastewater treatment markets, Bio-Microbics and Scienco/FASTprovide advanced technology for wastewater, stormwater, and water treatment industries. From its diverse past, Scienco/FAST has been a part of such influential companies as Morton Salt and Smith & Loveless, Inc.
Internationally recognized for quality products and top-notch field services, Scienco/FAST is a manufacturer specializing in marine sewage devices, biological tablets, and other industrial technologies. The origins of SCIENCO & FAST can be traced back to the 1940′s in St. Louis, MO.
MarineFASTSystems are commonly referred to as a Type II (two) MSD biological (aerobic digestion) treatment system. The Type II MSD systems are powerful, flow-through discharge devices and tested in conditions described in 33 CFR 159.121.
These devices do a better job of treating the waste and produce effluent having a fecal coliform bacteria count no greater than 200/100 milliliters, with suspended solids no greater than 150 milligrams/liter. All FAST units are fully certified by USCG under U.S. and IMO regulations.
The first installation of a FAST system was 1969 aboard a river tugboat, M/V Missouri. Originally developed as a solution for the changing regulations aboard vessels and the Clean Water Act of 1972, this sparked a full-scale production of the FAST family of products. From this interesting beginning, tens of thousands of installations of FAST systems are now operating quietly in Residential, Commercial, Municipal, Industrial, and marine properties and applications located around the world.
As a fixed-film integrated treatment technology system, MarineFAST’s unique and patented process is the result of many years of research, and continuous service. Microorganisms normally found in sewage grow on fixed Media in an oxygen-rich environment and use incoming sewage as food. The process produces a clear, odorless effluent in one step.
Benefits of MarineFAST
- Natural Biological Process. The most widely used method of sewage treatment in the world! It is economical, reliable, and effective.
- Superior Technology. “Fixed Integrated Treatment Technology” (FITT™) approved for both marine and land use.
- No Adjustments. Self-regulating, it handles surges, overloads, and light loads without problems.
- Flexible. Handles any combination of fresh water or seawater sewage. MarineFAST works equally well in fresh, salt or brackish water, and accommodates rapid changes in salinity associated with coastal sailing.
- Compact/Lightweight. Typically half the operating weight of competing units.
- Operator Friendly. Simple and rugged, does not depend upon the skill of the operator.
- Corrosion-Resistant. Will not rust or degrade in seawater.
- Proven. Since 1969, approximately tens of thousands FAST Systems have been delivered. Virtually all remain in everyday operation.
- Certified. A FAST system will keep you in compliance worldwide. FAST Systems can meet the most stringent standards worldwide.
- Easy Maintenance. Clogging is practically impossible. The Media never requires replacement. The only maintenance is adding chlorine tablets.
- Universally Adaptable. A wide variety of disinfection methods and accessories are available to meet your particular treatment requirements.
Simply the Best
FAST (MicroFAST, RetroFAST, HighStrengthFAST, NitriFAST, MyFAST and MarineFAST) systems are inherently self-regulating, with no adjustments required. The ratio of microorganisms to sewage is much higher than in extended aeration systems. This “fly-wheel effect” permits the FAST process to handle the wide variations in loading typical of service. Surge loads at change of watch and temporary changes do not adversely affect effluent quality. And, the performance of the MarineFAST system is not dependent on the skill of the operator.
The water in the Media Tank is clear because the microbial culture is attached to the Media rather than being kept in suspension, as is done in extended aeration systems. Additionally, MarineFAST does not require a separate clarifier or settling tank, thereby eliminating the serious operating problems associated with clarifiers, such as variable effluent quality, periodic foul odors and the need for frequent adjustments.
Inside each FAST system is a unique, aerobic, attached-growth process. Microorganisms normally found in sewage become “fixed” or attached to stationary media where the abundant, diverse and self-regulating population of microbes consistently digests incoming waste. This process allows each FAST system to handle wide variations in loading that are typical with service. FAST also accepts and treats any combination of sewage, including: conventional and vacuum toilets, laundry, garbage disposals and showers.
Our experienced engineering staff will be pleased to assist you in selecting the best treatment and transfer system; and help you bring your project into compliance and keep it there at the lowest total cost.