Biogénie is a company that has worldwide recognition, carrying out activities in Québec, Ontario, Alberta, and Northern Canada, the Northeastern United States, the United Kingdom, and France. In France, Biogenie operates in two distinct environmental science and sustainable development fields: Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sites (SAR) and Organic Waste Management (OWM). Biogénie is a division of Englobe Corp., a privately held management company that carries out its activities under various names: Biogénie, GSI Environmental, Les Composts du Québec, Solutions EAS and Tankology Canada. The company also has several European subsidiaries including Biogénie Europe SAS, Biogénie Site Remediation Ltd, and Celtic Technologies Ltd.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
EnGlobe Corp. is a worldwide leader when it comes to integrated environmental services. We have developed a unique expertise in the management of organic waste materials and in reusing or recovering decontaminated soils as well as in the precision testing and calibration of bulk tanks and storage systems. Our clients are in public administration, in business and industry in Canada, the Northeastern United States, the United Kingdom and France. We offer our services through our various Canadian corporate divisions and subsidiaries:
- Biogénie (Canada, United States, Europe) and Celtic Technologies (United Kingdom) specializing in contaminated site assessment and rehabilitation,
- Biogénie (Canada), specializing in management of organic waster materials (supported by GSI Environnement and Les Composts du Québec)
- Biogénie (United States and Europe) and Solution Soil Treatment Facility (Québec and Ontario), specializing in contaminated soil treatment in one of our 22 contaminated soil treatment facilities, and
- Tanknology Canada, specializing in precision testing and calibration of underground and aboveground bulk tanks and storage systems for petroleum products or other hazardous industrial chemicals.
To become an international leader in the field of integrated environmental services, specializing in organic waste material and contaminated soil management, recovery and reuse.
To achieve durable and cost-effective growth, through natural expansion and corporate acquisitions,
by offering world-class advice, solutions and services to our clients with our growing number of strategically-located international offices.
In a nutshell
International headquarters are in Québec City, Québec, Canada
Over 25 offices, 12 of which are in Québec
Active in Canada, including Canada’s northern frontier, the Northeastern United States, the United Kingdom and France
Clients are municipalities, business, service and manufacturing industry and institutions
Over 30 years of experience
Our clients’ satisfaction and the establishment of long-term relationships,
The personal development of our employees in a pleasant workplace where teamwork is the key,
The occupational health and safety of all through prevention and the adoption of safe work ethics and practises,
Personal respect, integrity and professionalism,
Management based on the highest-quality standards: the satisfaction of our clients, the compliance with the laws and regulations governing the environment, and the constant implementation and improvement of our processes,
Innovation and the development of new technologies.
Even before the term “sustainbale development” was coined, Biogénie knew we would be witness to an increasing demand for sustainable solutions to environmental management. 25 years later, our novel ideas have matured into state-of-the-art technological processes to recover and reuse organic waste materials and to treat contaminated soils.
Our corporation takes pride in:
- Treating waste materials locally to reduce transportation of such materials and reduce greenhouse gas;
- Adapt our residual waste treatment processes to each situation, depending on the physical, geographic and economic concerns of each one of our clients;
- Reducing the social and environmental impact of our operations and reducing nuisances;
- Adhering to the 4R principles: reducing waste materials at the source, reusing residual waste, recycling and recovering organic waste and capturing useful waste and turning it into renewable energy;
- Using landfill waste disposal and incineration as a measure of last resort, when all other options have been exhausted;
- Meeting and exceeding the recovery objectives set out in our municipal administrations’ Residual Waste Management Programs (RWMP);
- Giving the highest priority to simple and ecological residual waste treatment processes over the use of more complex technologies available due to advantageous market conditions and the competitively low cost of landfill disposal;
- Implementing a concerted and integrated residual waste management strategy;
- To promote the local economy through the employment of local manpower and suppliers;
- To ensure future generations enjoy a better quality environment.