Black & Veatch Corporation
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference ®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. The result is that Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Water Consulting and Engineering
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than 1,000,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Founded in 1915, Black & Veatch is a leading global engineering, consulting and construction company. We specialize in these major markets:
- Management Consulting
Our employee-owned company has more than 100 offices worldwide and is among the Forbes '500 Largest Private Companies in the United States.' We have been ranked by Engineering News-Record as the industry’s No. 1 design firm in both Power and Telecommunications and are consistently in the Top 10 in Water. We’re also leaders in more than 20 categories among design firms, contractors and environmental companies worldwide.
Our professionals earn this kind of recognition by understanding our clients’ business needs and objectives. We have the financial and technical resources to execute projects from the most basic to the highly complex.
We allow our clients to focus on their businesses and simplify their lives with a single point of contact. Black & Veatch service offerings include:
- Conceptual and preliminary engineering
- Engineering design
- Management consulting
- Asset management
- Environmental consulting
- Security design and consulting
Black & Veatch leads our industry in value creation for each of our stakeholders — clients, professionals, shareholders and business partners.
Black & Veatch is Building a World of Difference®. By advancing the frontiers of knowledge, we provide our clients with reliable solutions to their most complex challenges, thereby helping improve and sustain the quality of life around the world.
Black & Veatch Core Values
At Black & Veatch, we build strong relationships with each other, our clients and our business partners based on seven fundamental values:
- Integrity – As we operate in an intensely competitive environment, we compete fairly, conducting our business in a professional manner that reflects favorably on our company and on each of us. We hold ourselves to the Black & Veatch code of conduct no matter where we operate.
- Shared Ownership – We build value for our shareholders and we share the results of the company's success with those who produce it.
- Common Purpose – We operate from a common purpose and the broad view, doing what is best for the company as a whole, working with mutual trust and collaboration.
- Stewardship – In keeping with our founding principles, we honor other Black & Veatch professionals — past, present and future — by striving to grow the company's value and vitality during our temporary stewardship.
- Respect – We are sincere, fair and forthright, treating others with dignity and respecting their individual differences, feelings and contributions.
- Accountability – We set high performance expectations and hold ourselves accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve as individuals, as team members and as a company.
- Entrepreneurship – We encourage nontraditional thinking and appropriate risk-taking, which provide opportunities to learn and grow as individuals and as businesses.
Black & Veatch blends the stability and traditions of a nearly century-old company with the vitality and innovation of a modern, progressive growth company. It’s an industry leader with projects worldwide, with deep local commitment in the communities it serves. It enjoys the strength of a large, well-organized corporation and the agility of high-energy, collaborative teams working toward a common purpose.
These traits define our collective personality. It’s a distinctive brand that clients and partners know and appreciate.
Our integrated global workforce operates in an intensely competitive environment. We compete fairly and conduct business in a professional manner that reflects favorably on our company and on each other.
Black & Veatch professionals treat others with dignity, and they respect individual differences, feelings and contributions. We hold ourselves accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve.
By upholding these Core Values, we have built lasting relationships with proven partners around the world. We don’t view projects as transactions. Instead, as trusted business advisors, we see them as part of the bigger picture in the client’s long-term strategy.
Our approach to relationships stem from our internal philosophy of empowering professionals to actively seek to solve our clients’ most complex challenges. We listen to understand and then shape our service offerings based on our clients’ needs.
Sustainability is foundational to our Core Values, and it is inherent to our culture. Sustainability is woven into the fabric of our business, and includes the safety, security and well-being of our professionals and clients. It is exhibited in our strong approach to compliance and ethics. It is evident in project delivery, and it is seen in the development of our professionals.
Through our Building a World of Difference Foundation, we give of time, talent and expertise in the form of teams from Black & Veatch. We back that human contribution with financial resources and help hundreds of organizations and millions of people around the world.
Sustainability is demonstrated with a linkage between our business operations and society, and for conducting business in a way that creates both long-term economic and social value – in essence, fulfilling our Mission. We view sustainability as meeting the needs of the present generation while improving the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. We deliver sustainable solutions that meld economic, community and environmental needs. It’s our “triple bottom line” approach that helps us harmonize our sustainability goals with building value for our clients.
In daily operations, Black & Veatch employs tangible practices that minimize the carbon footprint we leave behind. Our policies include:
- Recycling paper, plastic and aluminum
- Setting printer defaults to double-sided printing
- Using paperless communications
- Efficient light bulbs in offices
- Using timers and motion detectors to turn lighting off and on
- Hybrid vehicles
- Controlling power and water use in offices and projects
At the same time, we participate in community projects to help build a better future and leave the world a better place. Hundreds of Black & Veatch professionals globally support the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup Day. Hundreds more participate in the company-organized Environmental Work Day. On these two days, Black & Veatch professionals help protect the environment by cleaning up thousands of kilograms of debris.