The most reliable pumps in the business. Pumps any liquid, in any environment, at any depth to 1,000 feet. Best warranty package. Provides field-proven piston-pumping solutions for landfill, gas well dewatering, condensate recovery sump, leachate wells, petrochemical, refinery, manufactured gas plant and groundwater remediation. Leading manufacturer of top-head-drive, positive-displacement piston pumps, Blackhawk patented pumps and controls handle demanding pumping applications and are ideal for hazardous or potentially hazardous, chemically reactive or explosive pumping environments. As the leading manufacturer of top-head-drive, positive-displacement piston pumps, Blackhawk`s custom-designed pumps and controls excel in a broad range of pumping applications and are ideal for hazardous or potentially hazardous, chemically reactive or explosive pumping environments.
- Blackhawk Technology is a leading provider of high-quality piston pumps, with the drive motor at surface level, above the wellhead.
- The company began operations in 1990 in the Chicago area, offering dependable and simply designed positive-displacement pumps with a reciprocating piston.
- The design technology has evolved to enable pumping of virtually any liquid, regardless of density or toxicity.
- Models are designed for landfill leachate pumping, methane gas well dewatering, groundwater remediation, NAPL recovery, and other pumping applications including offshore caisson sump, low-flow stripper oil wells and industrial processes.
- Blackhawk is regarded for customer-driven technical innovation, resulting in products that consistently outperform competing models.
Three Power Sources
- Blackhawk offers pump motors driven by three power sources – pneumatic, electric and solar.
- Downhole components are the industry standard and withstand severe environments. The efficient low-friction drivers are modeled on the century-old reliability of oil-field pump jacks. The pumps can be installed at any angle, including horizontal.
- Blackhawk pumps are onsite throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
- Blackhawk's low-flow reciprocating piston pumps are the standard for reliability and durability in landfills, remediation sites and difficult pumping environments, providing long-life economy.
- Pneumatic pumps, electric pumps and solar pumps feature low-maintenance drive motors above the wellhead. Rugged downhole components withstand hot, acidic, harsh and toxic liquids. Models offer depths to 800 feet and flows to 11 gpm.
- Blackhawks pump virtually any liquid, including partial solids, and operate independent of vacuum.
- Products include landfill pumps, methane gas dewatering pumps, groundwater remediation pumps, NAPL recovery pumps, toxic chemical pumps, offshore platform caisson sump pumps, tar pumps and stripper oil well pumps.
- Blackhawk pumps and accessories are in service around the world.
Blackhawk positive-displacement piston pumps feature an all-weather drive motor above the wellhead, connected with high-quality downhole components. The pumping action is similar to that of an oilfield pump jack.
Above the wellhead:
A drive motor is matched to one of three power sources -- pneumatic, electric or solar. The motor pushes and pulls a durable, flexible drive rod connected to a reciprocating piston near the bottom of the well.
Below the wellhead:
Low-flow pumping action pulls liquid from the well without disturbing the formation:
- The flexible fiberglass drive rod, enclosed in a riser-pipe cylinder, connects the motor to the piston in a pump barrel.
- As the motor pulls up the rod, the piston creates suction at pump intake.
- Liquid is pulled through a strainer into the foot valve.
- Stainless-steel balls in the reciprocating piston and foot valve open naturally to allow liquid into the piston, then close to prevent liquid from returning.
- The pumping action lifts liquid up the riser pipe with each stroke; the liquid exits a discharge tee above the wellhead.