Bluewater Bio is an established specialist in the cost effective treatment of water and wastewater, founded in 2007 to develop HYBACS® , a patented ‘HYBrid ACtivated Sludge’ process, powered by the company’s SMART™ units. Bluewater’s team of experienced technicians and project managers have a deep understanding of water and wastewater demand, usage and legislation across all global markets, but especially the UK, Middle East and South East Asia (where HYBACS has been running successfully in multiple municipal, industrial and commercial applications for over 15 years).
BLuewater Bio is an award-winning global specialist in technologies for cost-effective water & wastewater treatment. Headquartered in London, BLuewater Bio's range of best in class technologies have been deployed at over 100 sites globally.
With two fully commercialised technologies proven at utility scale, complemented by an active New Product development pipeline Bluewater Bio’s capabilities now include:
- HYBACS® (enhanced activated sludge process)
- FilterClear™ (high throughput multi-media filtration)
- GHG-Tox® (nitrification & greenhouse gas monitoring)
- NeoTech™ (highly efficient UV disinfection)
- CFIC® (next-generation moving bed bioreactor (MBBR) technology)
- Operational & Maintenance services (supporting a population equivalent of c. 1 million)
- World Class R&D team, based at Cranfield University, UK
Bluewater Bio’s growing technology portfolio is focused primarily on the rapid upgrading, optimisation and monitoring of water and wastewater treatment plants.
The company has a particular emphasis on reducing:
- Capital, operational and compliance costs
- Energy & chemical consumption
- Physical & environmental footprint
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Construction and commissioning times
Bluewater Bio not only develops its own innovations but also scours adjacent markets for complementary IP, licence opportunities and partnerships.
Through this aggregation strategy, Bluewater Bio aims to be the natural choice for cost effective treatment, re-use and monitoring provision across the water, wastewater and process industries.