BRÜCK is one of the world’s leading providers of seamless hot-rolled rings, flanges and special forgings to customer specification or standard. Now in its third generation, BRÜCK – a family owned and operated company - has made a name for itself as a reliable partner in international markets throughout the world with its` superior quality and premium Innovations. BRÜCK sees itself as a system provider over the entire key processes: forging, welding and assembly. Its` modern machinery allows for the creation of highly complex turnkey deliverable components (including supporting documents). BRÜCK’s range of products has advanced far beyond the standard product line of a classic forging specialist. With BRÜCK’s machine park of over 100 CNC production centres, precision tolerances can be achieved for components weighing up to 250 tons.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Since its founding in 1923, the BRÜCK Group has grown continuously. Forgings produced in Saarland - located in the tri-country area of Luxembourg, France and Germany - are supplied to customers throughout the world.
- The Group’s headquarters with its 500+ strong workforce are located near Saarbrücken.
- BRÜCK’s Czech plant, established in the mid-1990s, currently has a headcount of approx. 350.
- BRÜCK has branches and sales offices in Germany and throughout the world with their own resources and staff totalling approx. 75.
- During the past couple of years BRÜCK’s company grounds and manufacturing capacity have doubled.
Thanks to its 8,000-ton press, BRÜCK has been able to significantly expand its range of open-die forgings.
- BRÜCK possesses comprehensive mechanical fabrication capacities for complex components.
- BRÜCK is able to cost-effectively manufacture finished series components in its Czech plant.
- BRÜCK’s component assembly expertise includes turn-key structures of 250 tons and more.
Through years of successful collaboration with leading global players in the field of Oil & Gas BRÜCK also features a wide-ranging expertise in the processing of high-alloy steels, nickel based alloys, aluminum, copper, titanium, duplex and super duplex.
Being a one-off and mini series specialist, the complete fabrication of demanding individual items is the bread and butter business of BRÜCK’s Ensheim site, located on the German-French border in southwest Germany. The individual finished and machined items produced by us span our entire fabrication range:
- More than 1,000 material grades, decades-long experience in special materials
- Seamless hot-rolled items up to 6,400 mm in diameter, 1,750 mm high and with a radial width of 1,000 mm max.
- Finished weights of seamless rolled items: up to 40 tons
- Forged steel components: 4,500 mm x 4,500 mm x 10,000 mm max.
- Unit weights of forgings: 50 tons max.
- An almost unlimited range of component geometries
- Machining tolerances of a few 100th mm
- Surface finishes of up to Ra 0.3 µm
- Finish machined upto 16000m diameter
Since 2009 we have expanded our machining department in the Czech Republic by adding a ring rolling mill with its own heat treatment shop. In so doing we have come one step closer to offering our customers top-quality series-produced items at very reasonable prices.
- Efficient hard metal alloy high-performance sawing centre for diameters up to 600 mm. Result: significantly reduced sawing times as compared to conventional technology.
- 3,500 ton press and ring rolling mill for outside diameters of 3,500 mm max. and unit weights of 6 tons max.
- Interlinked forging line for optimised handling of large quantities.
- Use of mobile and rail-mounted manipulators.
- Cutting-edge manufacturing technology coupled with optimal pricing.
- Ideal for the production of small lots starting at 10 items.
Optimised series production — from sawing of input material to finished component.
The wide variety of materials offered by BRÜCKis a key component of its success.
BRÜCK can look back on more than eight decades of hot forming, heat treatment and machining experience involving over 1,000 material varieties and grades.
- On average we maintain stocks of 21,000 tons of raw materials in 400 different grades.
- High-alloy steels, nickel-base alloys, aluminium, copper and titanium are standard at BRÜCK
- Carbon steels and stainless steel grades as typically used in the following applications throughout the world:
- Power station construction
- Oil & gas / petrochemicals
- (Heavy) plant construction and engineering
- Apparatus and (pressure) vessel construction
- Pipeline construction
- Various NORSOK qualifications and vast experience in duplex and superduplex steels
For more information on the materials most frequently used at BRÜCK, please consult our technical brochure.
- Structural and construction steels
- Unalloyed heat-treatable steels
- Alloyed heat-treatable steels
- High-temperature steels
- High-temperature unalloyed steels
- Fine-grain structural steels
- Nickel alloy steels tough at sub-zero temperatures
- Case-hardening steels
- Austenitic stainless steels
- Martensitic stainless steels
- Ferritic stainless steels
- Heat-resistant steels
- Duplex and B6 steels
- Heat-resistant alloys
- Copper / copper alloys (brass)
- Aluminium forgeable alloys
- Titanium / titanium alloys
BRÜCK is fully equipped to carry out all testing in-house. 29 employees are charged with the continuous monitoring of our exacting quality standards.
The official company and acceptance stamps are not applied to consignments until they have successfully completed the final check. We subject every single component to an exacting dimensional and surface roughness check. A final 100% positive material identification (PMI) is performed prior to shipping.
We perform all destructive and non-destructive testing in our own test labs:
- Tensile and hot tensile testing
- Charpy testing down to –196°C
- Hardness testing and hardness distribution checks
- Metallographic joint examination and grain size analysis
- Spectral component check analysis
- Determination of ferrite content
- Purity analyses
- Ultrasonic testing (UT)
- Magnetic particle testing (MPT)
- (manual and automated ring testing, ring tester: ø 5,600 mm)
- Dye penetrant testing (PT)
- Corrosion testing
- Eddy current testing (ET)
- Visual examination
- Positive material identification (PMI)
The documentation is generated in accordance with the specific offer or order:
- Quality, inspection and test plans
- Production line schedules
- Acceptance test certificates and test certificates of destructive and non-destructive testing
- Dimension records and test certificates, 3D coordinates measuring machine: ø 2,500 mm
- Manufacturing data record books
Depending on the customer’s requirements, a large portion of order fulfilment is monitored by third-party contractors. Over the years BRÜCK has acquired a wide range of approvals and certifications:
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2015
- PED 2014/68/EU
- AD 2000-Merkblatt W 0 / TRD 100
- NORSOK M-650 Edition 4
- Kerntechnische Anlagen:
- KTA 1401, AVS D 100/50, KTA 3201 1
- EDF - UTO
Brück GmbH is a 'Material Organization' qualified by different 'Certificate Holders' (ASME III Certificate Holders)
- Bureau Veritas
- Lloyd´s Register of Shipping
- Det Norske Veritas
- Germanischer Lloyd
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Eine Vielzahl kundenspezifischer Zulassungen