Brüel & Kjær is a world leading manufacturer and supplier of sound and vibration solutions. We help our customers solve their sound and vibration problems – from measuring traffic noise and vibration in car engines to evaluating building acoustics and performing quality control. We have customers in a wide range of fields, including automotive, aerospace, consumer goods and telecommunication, as well as government agencies.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety - Noise and Vibration
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- Support Contracts Services
- Brüel & Kjær - Version Type 7789 - Pulse Time Software
- Version Type 7708 - Time Data Recording Software
- Brüel & Kjær - Model Type 4809 - Measurement Exciter for Testing
- Brüel & Kjær - Model LDS V101 - Permanent Magnet Shaker for Vibration Environment under Laboratory Conditions
Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S supplies integrated solutions for the measurement and analysis of sound and vibration. As a world-leader in sound and vibration measurement and analysis, we use our core competences to help industry and governments solve their sound and vibration challenges so they can concentrate on their primary task: efficiency in commerce and administration.
Our Mission is to help our customers measure and manage the quality of sound and vibration in their products and in the environment
Our Vision is to be the first choice and long-term business partner, delivering innovative technical solutions which create sustainable value for our customers
We will be a profitable business and a great place to work
Our most important skill is listening – listening to the challenges customers meet in their work processes where increasing functional demands, time pressure, regulatory requirements and budget constraints mean that getting it right the first time is becoming ever more critical. Listening hard is our way of understanding customer needs and is the start of the road to finding long-term solutions to customer's sound and vibration challenges. The only way we can put our highly skilled force of engineers and our time-tested, market-leading product portfolio to work is by listening.
The sound and vibration challenges facing our customers are diverse - from traffic or airport noise, vibration in a car engine, evaluation of building acoustics, cabin comfort in a passenger airplane to production quality control or wind turbine noise. Over the years, we have developed creative and technically advanced solutions to innumerable customer problems. Some of the work we have done with customers is published as case studies.
Local access to a global organisation
Brüel & Kjær is a global company. We operate through a network of sales offices and representatives in 55 countries, meaning local language help is always at hand during office hours. The local teams are supported by our global group of engineering specialists who can advise on and solve all manner of sound and vibration measurement and analysis problems. To augment our offerings, we regularly hold local courses and road-shows, and participate in sound and vibration focussed exhibitions and conferences worldwide.
The whole measurement chain
Brüel & Kjær delivers advanced technological solutions and products of renowned quality. These cover the entire sound and vibration measurement chain from a single transducer to a complete turnkey system.
- Products: Our product portfolio covers all of the components and tools required in the measurement and analysis of sound and vibration. It is unique in the industry that you can source all components from one supplier.
- Systems: Our products are designed to fit together intelligently as systems. This simplifies the process of creating systems optimised to solve specific customer issues.
- Solutions: In certain instances, we not only supply the systems, but we actually operate them and supply analysis results, meaning that our customers can focus on their core business and don't have to worry about operating and maintaining equipment.
- Services: We offer a full range of services for our products and systems, including installation, training, support, software updates, calibration, planned maintenance, repair, and rental.
- Quality assurance: All products, systems and solutions are thoroughly tested, often in harsh environmental conditions. Our status as an ISO 9001 certified company gives our customers the peace of mind that extremely high standards are met in all aspects of our products and services provision
We believe that our values are vital to our customers and to our business. Taking pride in our values and living by them not only strengthens our presence in the marketplace but more importantly creates long-term benefits for our customers and employees alike.
- Absolute integrity
- Always acting with honesty and transparency in all that we do
- Doing the right thing even if it means losing business
- Keeping our promises and commitments
- Treating our people and business partners with fairness and respect
- Creating an entrepreneurial culture where people can take initiative and succeed
- Challenging our people to grow and reach their highest potential individually and collectively
- Trusting our people to have personal ownership and accountability and learn from their experiences
- Customer focus
- Partnering with our customers to enhance their productivity and performance
- Listening to customers challenges and actively anticipating their future requirements
- Delivering on our commitments to meet customer needs
- Restless innovation
- Continuously improving products, services and business processes
- Constantly finding ways to enhance personal, customer and product performance to create maximum value
- Challenging the status quo
- High performance
- Delivering strong returns and sustainable value for our shareholders
- Performing to the highest standards against the commitments we make internally to one another and externally to our customers
- Developing resilient businesses that are best in class
- Acting with urgency without compromising quality, safety, the environment and our integrity
Brüel & Kjær is founded on good ideas, hard work and entrepreneurship, and it is the passion for innovation and high quality that drives the company forward.
Over 100 creative and dedicated development engineers at Brüel and Kjær are involved in research and development. New products and solutions are often conceived in cooperation with customers. We even have a team solely dedicated to creating new, groundbreaking technologies and products while actively collaborating with customers and academic partners.
For us innovation means:
- Scientific and technological development - for example the groundbreaking surface microphone, the unique REq-X and Dyn-X technologies for PULSE, the world's first multi-field microphone, and LAN-XI - the market's only completely modular data acquisition system.
- Creative employees - constantly involved in expanding our patent portfolio
- Customer cooperation - to develop customised systems and solutions to specific challenges. Many of our standard products started with a customer challenge. We often involve customers in the R&D process to ensure that the features and priorities in development projects meet customer needs. For example, this has been the case for the Sound Level Meter Type 2250, PULSE Reflex software and the LAN-XI data acquisition front-end system.
By investing in a Brüel & Kjær solution, our customers invest in original research, real invention, a global network of expertise, and local support.
For nearly 70 years, Brüel & Kjær has been playing a leading role in the world of sound and vibration, by producing precision instrumentation for acoustic and vibration measurement, and by contributing heavily to the development of acoustic and vibration sciences themselves. Many of our employees are world-renowned experts in their respective fields and are often asked to speak at seminars and conferences, and advise on new standards. But our expertise doesn't only come from within our organisation; it also comes from working closely together with customers and partners to help solve problems.
Pioneers and innovators
Innovation has always been the core of our business. We’re proud of this tradition and continue to develop and face the challenges posed by our customers.
From the world's first charge accelerometer to innovative solutions and advanced analyzer systems - Brüel & Kjær has been a part of the development from the very beginning.
Environmental Noise and Vibration
Environmental noise is unwanted sound and vibration from a plethora of sources, among them industrial plants, road and rail traffic, construction work, and aircraft.
Add to these sports events, shooting ranges, leisure parks, etc, and you have noise from many different sources, each with different characteristics and posing specific problems for the professionals who have to assess them. The way the problems are dealt with differs immensely from country to country and is very much dependent on culture, economy and politics. We offer solutions to cover all demands from level checks to in-depth analysis, from measurement or prediction, to post-processing and reporting.
Occupational Safety and Health is a major concern throughout the world. Problems such as a broken limb, the loss of an eye or persistent backache have to be dealt with and measures taken to minimise the risk of these things happening at the workplace.
However, it comes as a surprise to many that loss of hearing caused by noise at the workplace is second only to the broad category 'disorders of the locomotor system' on the list of occupational diseases. Millions of people suffer from noise induced hearing loss (NIHL), resulting in a reduced quality of life.
Hearing conservation programs are implemented in most countries and governed by international and national standards and legislation. Any such program involves an assessment of the noise problem, noise control and noise reduction measures. Important aspects of hearing conservation programs are the management of data, reporting of progress and the retrieval of data, for example, when claims are made.